Contribute
Register

Asus Z9PA-D8 :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
z9pa-d8 > Need make and full model names > See Forum Rules!
CPU
E5-2670
Graphics
RX 480
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
hello does anyone know the link to the build for this motherboard? its been few days and i just cant make it work..

i also have amd rx480 i know im in almost hopeless hardwares situation.. should i return the 480 and get nvidia? any recommendations? also in the meanwhile is it possible to install from on board video?..

so frustrating..

I have the Z9PA-D8C and to be honest this board is not a good choice for a Hackintosh.

The biggest problem is how to get graphics working - i´ve tried it for 2 weeks now. With 20+ different Clover configs and even DSDT edits.

But my system always freezes when the GPU gets initialized. It won´t make a difference if you have a Nvidia or AMD card!

I have tried the GTX 770 (should be working OOTB!), GT 730 and Radeon 7870 - NONE of them did work.

You can install it with on-board graphics - i can help you with that.

But my question then would be - why?

You can´t get graphics to work – at least i haven´t found a single person on tonymac, insanelymac etc. that had success with that board.

You can run Sierra on it. But just having the 1024x768 mode renders the OS useless!

If you find out how to get graphics to work, i´m all in for that!

But i doubt it will work.

The Asus Z9PE-D8 is a better choice - your GPU would work.
But i would suggest the Supermicro X9DAi - it seems this board has the best compatibility.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, I'm so frustrated now. I've gone through every contradicting set of instructions for the X9Dai motherboard with no success. Then I find a thread that states supermicros are the worst because

“The reason I pointed out the BIOS is that Supermicro run their own BIOS system and have their own components further down the hardware chain so they are not the same as the more common BIOS/UEFI systems available through desktop vendors.”

So I start shopping for another really expensive motherboard, and start searching the threads for them, only to find yet another contradiction here, because you are suggesting that my motherboard has the best compatibility.

At this point, I wish I could just pay someone, but I can't, because it isn't allowed. So, since you are a moderator, would you please help me? I freaking hate Windows, and just want to get macOS to run on my X9DAi motherboard.

I have the Z9PA-D8C and to be honest this board is not a good choice for a Hackintosh.

The biggest problem is how to get graphics working - i´ve tried it for 2 weeks now. With 20+ different Clover configs and even DSDT edits.

But my system always freezes when the GPU gets initialized. It won´t make a difference if you have a Nvidia or AMD card!

I have tried the GTX 770 (should be working OOTB!), GT 730 and Radeon 7870 - NONE of them did work.

You can install it with on-board graphics - i can help you with that.

But my question then would be - why?

You can´t get graphics to work – at least i haven´t found a single person on tonymac, insanelymac etc. that had success with that board.

You can run Sierra on it. But just having the 1024x768 mode renders the OS useless!

If you find out how to get graphics to work, i´m all in for that!

But i doubt it will work.

The Asus Z9PE-D8 is a better choice - your GPU would work.
But i would suggest the Supermicro X9DAi - it seems this board has the best compatibility.

Can u tell me how to boot into USB Installer?

I'm using Asus z9pa-d8 with Nvidia GTX 1070 G1 Gaming and don't know how to boot into USB installer. I get kernel panic AppleMobileFileIntegrity after IOConsoleusers gioscreenlockstate 3 hs 0bs 0 now 0 sm 0x0.

Thanks for reply :)

I'm using Asus z9pa-d8 with Nvidia GTX 1070 G1 Gaming and don't know how to boot into USB installer.
Not according to your profile!

Please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard (Mobo), CPU and Graphics Card.
If you have multiple systems add them to your signature or build signature.
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back