Contribute
Register

Asus Z97 MAXIMUS VII IMPACT ethernet(Intel I218V) interface stop working after some random time inte

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus Z97 MAXIMUS VII IMPACT
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Greetings,

I've done a fresh install of Yosemite on a Asus Z97 MAXIMUS VII IMPACT board.
I' ve use the latest Multibeast 7.0.2 with latest version of AppleIntelE1000e.kext.

Ethernet Interface stop working after some random time interval when I copy large files over the network.

2nd I tried to update the AppleIntelE1000e.kext to Wired Ethernet for Linux ( e1000.sourceforge.net ) by hnak from insanelymac.

Still no luck

3rd I tried previous
AppleIntelE1000e.kext versions provided by Multibeast 7.0.2

Still no luck.

Anyone have a solution for me.

Kind regards

There's 4 versions of that kext in MB, what have your tried?

I am having similar issues. Try going into the bios and enabling the Lan Stack. If it is already enabled, disable the enable again. Save the settings and start the computer. My Network then works until I start the machine up again then I have to repeat the process. Maybe this will work for you?

Rik

I am having similar issues. Try going into the bios and enabling the Lan Stack. If it is already enabled, disable the enable again. Save the settings and start the computer. My Network then works until I start the machine up again then I have to repeat the process. Maybe this will work for you?

Rik

Thanks will give that a go

Does this problem have anything to do with the fact I did not disable my LAN in BIOS when installing Yosemite?

No, it's a problem with Yosemite. AppleIntelE1000e v3.1.0 is the only version working since Yosemite final, and it does issues with large file transfers.

Interesting. I built a new DAW hackintosh with Yosemite and had to revert back to my old Hackintosh computer because my networked computers via Ethernet were sluggish and I had a ton of MIDI dropouts maybe due to the fact that it can't handle large amounts of data?

My Ethernet fix is on a Hackintosh slave machine running Mountain Lion.

Rik

Sorry for highjacking the thread but I'm looking at replacing my MSI Z97i Gaming ITX board with the Asus z97 Maximus VII Impact

Besides the Ethernet issue listed here. Everything else installed without any major drama?

It looks a great board, hence the reason for the upgrade

No, it's a problem with Yosemite. AppleIntelE1000e v3.1.0 is the only version working since Yosemite final, and it does issues with large file transfers.

Has there been any upgrade for this kext that will allow large file transfers and will this be an issue if I reconfig the machine back to Mavericks?

Rik

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back