Contribute
Register

ASUS Z97 Deluxe - i7-4790k - Clover UEFI - Onboard AC Wifi/Bluetooth 4.0 - Secure Drive

Status
Not open for further replies.
It injects information (layout IDs for your audio) that make your sound work.

Thanks! It seems interesting. Could you share the related sources to me?

I really appreciate you writing all of this down, as I am currently a hackintosh newbie.

I am currently browsing the software I would like to put in my first hack. I am wondering whether or not the Asus Z97-AR Motherboard can could be used in the same process, considering it is almost the same board as the one you used?

It should work. Some notes:

It uses a different audio driver (Realtek 892) instead of Realtek 1150. You'll definitely be able to get this to work but you may need to search around some other guides for Z97 boards with the same chipset if you run into any hiccups.

Otherwise the board looks similar and should function similarly.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks! It seems interesting. Could you share the related sources to me?

http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/112458-mavericks-audio-realtek-alc-applehda-guide.html

This should help.

Hi Erik.
Thanks for this fantastic guide, love the setup :headbang:
I was wondering if I may use your Z97 Deluxe guide as my template to make a ASUS ROG Hero VII Z97 guide?

Best Regards
Geir Helge

Hi Erik,

Thanks for the detailed instructions... I'm also trying to setup my UEFI Dual Boot System running 2 separate SSD's and managed to follow them step by step but appear to be getting stuck at the gray screen with the apple logo and the spinning wheel when I attempt to boot into my Mavericks SSD and was wondering if you might know why?

- I disconnected all drives except the SSD.
- Adjusted the BIOS settings and downloaded all files to add into Clover
- Installed Clover onto the Boot Drive as instructed
- Booted into Clover Boot Drive and Installed Mavericks onto SSD Drive
- Rebooted and Booted back into the Boot Drive and finished installation
- Gets stuck at apple screen with spinning wheel when trying to boot into Mavericks OS.

Here are the specs of my build:
Asus z97 Deluxe LGA 1150 Motherboard
i7 4790k Intel Processor
4 x 4GB G.Skill Rip Jaws x series
1 256 GB OCZ Agility III SSD (Windows 8.1 Pro)
1 256GB SanDisk Ultra Plus SDSSDHP SSD (Mavericks)
1.5 TB WD Caviar 7200rpm HDD
Intel 4600 Graphics (using display port to vga adapter)

Thanks,
Hru

Hi Erik,

Thanks for the detailed instructions... I'm also trying to setup my UEFI Dual Boot System running 2 separate SSD's and managed to follow them step by step but appear to be getting stuck at the gray screen with the apple logo and the spinning wheel when I attempt to boot into my Mavericks SSD and was wondering if you might know why?

- I disconnected all drives except the SSD.
- Adjusted the BIOS settings and downloaded all files to add into Clover
- Installed Clover onto the Boot Drive as instructed
- Booted into Clover Boot Drive and Installed Mavericks onto SSD Drive
- Rebooted and Booted back into the Boot Drive and finished installation
- Gets stuck at apple screen with spinning wheel when trying to boot into Mavericks OS.

Here are the specs of my build:
Asus z97 Deluxe LGA 1150 Motherboard
i7 4790k Intel Processor
4 x 4GB G.Skill Rip Jaws x series
1 256 GB OCZ Agility III SSD (Windows 8.1 Pro)
1 256GB SanDisk Ultra Plus SDSSDHP SSD (Mavericks)
1.5 TB WD Caviar 7200rpm HDD
Intel 4600 Graphics (using display port to vga adapter)

Thanks,
Hru

I am having similar issue. If you boot in verbose mode, you will actually see the screen got stuck at ReleaseDevise blahblah. I was able to boot into my system under secure-mode. Is it because we don't have a PCIe GraphicsCard?

I was thinking the same regarding the PCiE Card. I booted into Verbose mode and did notice that mines is stopping at this error message

[IOBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport] [SuspendDevice] — Suspend — suspendDeviceCallResult = 0x0000 (kIOReturnSuccess) 0x0000

I also noticed a few errors that I'm not sure are related or not so I figured I just attach them as well

BootCacheControl : Unable to open /var/db/BootCache.playlist : 2 No such file or directory

BootCacheControl : Unable to open /var/db/BootCaches/PreheatedUser/Merged.playlist : 2 No such file or directory

Please HELP!!! I feel like I'm so close I can almost see it....

ITS WORKING, I GOT IT WORKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :headbang::headbang:

I finally got my SSD to successfully boot into Clover and both Windows and Mavericks OS's without having the bootable clover installer connected as previously, It just wouldnt boot independently of the clover installer no matter what so I decided to try disconnecting the SSD with the fresh Mavericks image from its Case and mount it to a MacBook Pro laptop using an Ext HD enclosure I had laying around... Once attached I was able to boot into my SSD drive and run clover from there. I customized the settings according to the instructions provided and changed the install location to the SSD. Once completed I connected it back to my tower, changed the boot order and it successfully booted in.

I am still having two issues though that I hope someone could assist with. Everytime I boot into my Mavericks Drive my CD drive constantly ejects and although its not a a major pet peeve at this moment I would like to try and stop it.

The second issue is I cant seem to rap my brain around how to use the ssdtPRGen.sh and AppleHDA8Series.sh. to correct my power management and audio issue. I tried pasting the script into Terminal but it says the command could not be found and the instructions are a little to elaborate to where I'm sure how to make sense of it.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Hru

...The second issue is I cant seem to rap my brain around how to use the ssdtPRGen.sh and AppleHDA8Series.sh. to correct my power management and audio issue. I tried pasting the script into Terminal but it says the command could not be found and the instructions are a little to elaborate to where I'm sure how to make sense of it.
I have a post here that might help. See toleda's Guide for more detailed information.

Thank You!!!! My system crashed after trying to install Propellerheads Balance Preamp to test my Reason software and hangs at the log in screen again so I'll have to follow those instructions after I get it back functional again.... :banghead:

Thanks Again!!!!

Everytime I boot into my Mavericks Drive my CD drive constantly ejects and although its not a a major pet peeve at this moment I would like to try and stop it.

Connect the SATA cable of CD drive to the ports controlled by Z97 chipset (for example, port 5 or 6) instead of the ports controlled by ASMedia controller. Hope this will work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back