Motherboard
Costum
CPU
Intel Core i7-4790k
Graphics
Intel 4800
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Hey Guys I think I Solved the thunderbolt windows issued Finally!!!this is what you do;
1. BOOT IN TO BIOS/UFEI
2. BOTTOM RIGHT CLICK ON ADVANCED MODE OR PRESS (F7)
3. CLICK ON ADVANCE
4. CLICK ON ONBOARD DEVICES CONFIGURATION
5. CHANGE USB3.1 & PCIEx16_3 TO JUST PCIEx16_3 IN THE DROP DOWN MENU TO THE RIGHT
6. EXIT AND SAVE....

Now when Windows boots up you get found new Hardware....
Setting for the thunderbolt card is Default setting. it is installed in slot 7/ the last slot which is the install slot recommended by Asus. I am running Windows 10 Pro and the bios firmware is 2601.
I can plug n play, turn devices on and off and it reads it. Have not tried with a Monitor yet but I think that will work to. Just
happened to stumble across that setting because I tried every thing that previous threads talked about,
WOW this worked.. I also download the latest Asus thunderbolt driver/software from there site

I hope this helps Someone :headbang: Ya Baby Yaaa

Hey Guys I think I Solved the thunderbolt windows issued Finally!!!this is what you do;
1. BOOT IN TO BIOS/UFEI
2. BOTTOM RIGHT CLICK ON ADVANCED MODE OR PRESS (F7)
3. CLICK ON ADVANCE
4. CLICK ON ONBOARD DEVICES CONFIGURATION
5. CHANGE USB3.1 & PCIEx16_3 TO JUST PCIEx16_3 IN THE DROP DOWN MENU TO THE RIGHT
6. EXIT AND SAVE....

Now when Windows boots up you get found new Hardware....
Setting for the thunderbolt card is Default setting. it is installed in slot 7/ the last slot which is the install slot recommended by Asus. I am running Windows 10 Pro and the bios firmware is 2601.
I can plug n play, turn devices on and off and it reads it. Have not tried with a Monitor yet but I think that will work to. Just
happened to stumble across that setting because I tried every thing that previous threads talked about,
WOW this worked.. I also download the latest Asus thunderbolt driver/software from there site

I hope this helps Someone :headbang: Ya Baby Yaaa
I just Put in the EXII Dual and it works the same way

What thunderbolt card/device do you use? I'm trying an Apple Thunderbolt 3 to 2 adapter and windows sees the adapter but not any devices connected to it.

What thunderbolt card/device do you use? I'm trying an Apple Thunderbolt 3 to 2 adapter and windows sees the adapter but not any devices connected to it.

I am using the Asus thunderbolt EXll dual. To my understanding if you have the same mother board I do thunderbolt 3 is incompatible.

I just Put in the EXII Dual and it works the same way
Hi i have a z97 pro wifi ac and installed the asus thunderbolt ex II dual. in w7 everything is ok, but when i go to el capitan the uad2 satellite no devices found. i think i need a kext or patch or setting wrong Bios setting. how do you set your hack ?

@JOE971, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard or Make/Model, CPU and Graphics Card.
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

Hey guys! So I have stumbled upon this post as this morning, I decided to update my BIOS for my ASUS Z170 Deluxe from version 3007 to the latest (3703). I did this because I kept running into issues with Windows 10 and though maybe it would help...

Unfortunately, now my computer no longer registers my thunderbolt! I have an ASUS thunderboltEX 3. It worked fine before BIOS update, and after, no register. It is getting power as I plugged my phone into the port via USB and was able to get a charge, but my computer didn't register the phone either.

I have tried updating the intel thunderbolt software with the latest version on ASUS website (17.2.71....) and also tried to update the TB firmware to the latest available (1.0.0.15). TB software installed fine, the firmware won't however, it tells me this...

"Forcing power to the Thunderbolt controller(s)...
The Thunderbolt controller(s) is now powered.
Failed to load Thunderbolt(TM) controllers through WMI.
Please click the "cancel" button to finish the tool."

Should I just restore the BIOS to 3007 and restore thunderbolt software to the previous version I had also?

Please help! Haha, my whole set up revolves around my thunderbolt device.

Also to note: I got a custom build from a tech shop in town, the way we got the thunderbolt to originally work was to bypass secure boot in the BIOS and set it to "other OS". I still have those settings in my BIOS with the Thunderbolt Enabled. Not sure what else to do.

Hey guys! So I have stumbled upon this post as this morning, I decided to update my BIOS for my ASUS Z170 Deluxe from version 3007 to the latest (3703). I did this because I kept running into issues with Windows 10 and though maybe it would help...

Unfortunately, now my computer no longer registers my thunderbolt! I have an ASUS thunderboltEX 3. It worked fine before BIOS update, and after, no register. It is getting power as I plugged my phone into the port via USB and was able to get a charge, but my computer didn't register the phone either.

I have tried updating the intel thunderbolt software with the latest version on ASUS website (17.2.71....) and also tried to update the TB firmware to the latest available (1.0.0.15). TB software installed fine, the firmware won't however, it tells me this...

"Forcing power to the Thunderbolt controller(s)...
The Thunderbolt controller(s) is now powered.
Failed to load Thunderbolt(TM) controllers through WMI.
Please click the "cancel" button to finish the tool."

Should I just restore the BIOS to 3007 and restore thunderbolt software to the previous version I had also?

Please help! Haha, my whole set up revolves around my thunderbolt device.

I just encountered this issue, and resolved it by loading, under WINDOWS, all of the ASUS drivers included with the disc that came with my motherboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back