Graphics
HD 4600
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
This past year i went traveling around the world with my 15' Macbook Pro, month 9 of traveling my motherboard fried. I am a photographer, and kinda rely on computers to do my editing and file management.

I went home 2 months later, and had it looked at. It was going to cost me $700+ to fix. So this is why i am here. To build hackintosh for myself. I have a budget of $1000 (cdn) to build a machine that can get me started up, once i get some photo gigs in I will look into upgrading.

Here is my proposed list of components:

ASUS Z97 A
Intel Core i5-4570
Crucial Ballistix Sport XT (8 gig)
120gb EVO SSD
2TB Seagate Barracuda (i have a 5TB NAS on my network)
Corsair 550 Watt

Like i mentioned above this is a budget build, and with out the case this comes to a total of $839 (w/o shipping) according to amazon.ca

Does anyone have any recommendations, concerns or tips about this proposed components list? I am curious if anyone is familiar with a build like this and if there could be any foresee able headaches. Perhaps switching some components out to make installation easier. I am open to any and all critiques.

thank you!

The 4590 is actually cheaper, so i will go with that one thanks. Also would there be any repercussions of going with the 4690?

also i have another question, does iMessage, FaceTime and the App Store work with most installs? I have been reading that some people can't get them working.

thank you!

The 4590 is actually cheaper, so i will go with that one thanks. Also would there be any repercussions of going with the 4690?

also i have another question, does iMessage, FaceTime and the App Store work with most installs? I have been reading that some people can't get them working.

The 4690 works the same as a 4590 would, no problems. Usually never any problems with the
App store access. iMessage is problematic but we are working on a solution to that. Not sure about
Facetime as I don't use that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back