Motherboard
ALIENWARE 17 R3 (clover) / asus z97-a 3.1
CPU
CPU: i7-6700HQ / skylake-h / intel i7 4790k
Graphics
GTX 970M / HD530 1920x1080 / nvidia gtx 1070 srtix
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
so for the past 2 days i have been trying to install macos on my rig i only get the apple logo and the bar above half way and it stays there

mobo
asus z97-a 3.1
intel i7 4790k
nvidia gtx 1070
250gb samsung 850 evo ssd
120gb kingston ssd
16gb ram

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    2.8 MB · Views: 156
  • 20161114_195532.jpg
    20161114_195532.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 182
  • As far as I know, your nVidia GTX 1070 has no Sierra Webdriver released yet.
  • Please boot with -v added to your current boot flags to get a Verbose screen and post the clear picture of the screen where you get a freeze.
PS. Your EFI>CLOVER >kext>Other folder is empty! it should have fakesmc.kext and preferably your Ethernet kext also.
The Drivers64UEFI folder contents looks OK

Last edited:
  • As far as I know, your nVidia GTX 1070 has no Sierra Webdriver released yet.
  • Please boot with -v added to your current boot flags to get a Verbose screen and post the clear picture of the screen where you get a freeze.
PS. Your EFI>CLOVER >kext>Other folder is empty! it should have fakesmc.kext and preferably your Ethernet kext also.
The Drivers64UEFI folder contents looks OK

Oh I haven't noticed it here's I screen shoot of verbose
And should I remove my GPU ?
and for some reason the fakesmc kext and ethernet kext not showing and i cant find them

Attachments

• 20161114_223631.jpg
    20161114_223631.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 213
Last edited:
You have to first install the ABSOLUTELY ESSENTIAL fakesmc.kext to kext>Other folder inside EFI>CLOVER>kext of your USB..installer.
fakesmc.kext is an absolutely mandatory kernel extension in a Hackintosh, and is required for booting the system. as it emulates the real Macintosh System Management Control.

You have to first install the ABSOLUTELY ESSENTIAL fakesmc.kext to kext>Other folder inside EFI>CLOVER>kext of your USB..installer.
fakesmc.kext is an absolutely mandatory kernel extension in a Hackintosh, and is required for booting the system. as it emulates the real Macintosh System Management Control.
okay found it
i will try reinstalling now

thankx

So I froze here

Attachments

• 20161114_233312.jpg
    20161114_233312.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 211
so I got everything up and running but have two other displays that macOS won't detect and I have gray glitching graphics

so I got everything up and running
Did you mean?
  • Your macOSSierra Installation on the Hard disk completed,
  • You have already run the Multibeast 9.01 All-in -one application on the macOSSierra System disk and
  • Installed the Clover bootloader,
  • Installed the required kexts available in Multibeast ,
  • System definition or Mac Model like iMac 14.2 is set
  • Clover config.plist is all set for proper System booting without the USB installer.
but have two other displays that macOS won't detect

I could not quite understand that. Can you be more specific? Do you have more than one Display Monitor? You need to elaborate. None of us have seen any of the hardware you are using in this hackintosh although they may be right in front of you :).

I have gray glitching graphics
From what Video Graphic Card through what type of Video cable >Monitor? Share with us details with good images if you can.

Did you mean?
  • You have already run the Multibeast 9.01 All-in -one application on the macOSSierra System disk and
  • Clover config.plist is all set for proper System booting without the USB installer.

I could not quite understand that. Can you be more specific? Do you have more than one Display Monitor? You need to elaborate. None of us have seen any of the hardware you are using in this hackintosh although they may be right in front of you :).

From what Video Graphic Card through what type of Video cable >Monitor? Share with us details with good images if you can.
1:so I got everything up and running
Did you mean?
yes done

2:but have two other displays that macOS won't detect

I have triple monitor setup and my using the gpu output DisplayPort 2 and 1 hdmi to all three monitiors but Mac OS won't detect them

3:I have gray glitching graphics

Attachments

• 20161115_014301.jpg
    20161115_014301.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 197
  • 20161115_014300(0).jpg
    20161115_014300(0).jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 188
  • 20161115_014258.jpg
    20161115_014258.jpg
    720.1 KB · Views: 171
  • 20161115_014228.jpg
    20161115_014228.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 176
  • 20161115_014250.jpg
    20161115_014250.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 185
  • 20161115_014627.jpg
    20161115_014627.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 205
Thank you my friend for clarifying the current issues and the context in which they are occurring.
Since these are "Post installations Graphics& Display Problems", the best place to discuss and get the best help from great experts will be in the Post Installations Graphics Forum> https://www.tonymacx86.com/forums/graphics.13/

You may have to provide concise presentation of your problems starting from the successful installation to the current issues with images like you have uploaded to support and clarify the text in your post.

List all your hardware [MoBo/CPU/Video Cards/RAM] and major peripherals like your Multiple Monitors including
their "Makes and Models" to get fast and comprehensive help.

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back