i7-3770K
Graphics
GTX 650
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Well, it is time to ask for some advice and/or assistance.

With much success several OSX machines have been built for our team. We have been using OSX on a PC for a while now and have loved the experience. Lately, though due to the success of the Asus Z77M-Pro which was very Vanilla(Runs 10.9 like a real mac. Everything works!) we went and purchased two more Asus boards. They are both Haswell Z87 motherboards. The models are Z87-Maximus VI Extreme and Z87-Plus. These two boards have been a series of issues without true reliability.

I did do the EFI boot like it is listed here - http://www.tonymacx86.com/401-install-bootloader-extra-efi-partition.html. I still have not had real success with these boards. They continue to KP(Kernel Panic) on boot, and/or the EFI boot somehow gets disabled and they continuously just boot into the UEFI-Bios.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Hopefully, we as a community can come up with a solution to dilemma sooner rather then later.

The models are Z87-Maximus VI Extreme and Z87-Plus. These two boards have been a series of issues without true reliability.
What does this mean? Both those boards will work fine if you boot UEFI, not enough info provided for anyone to help.

Like I said previously, you may get some help when you provide some relative troubleshooting info:

Like install procedure, Chimera or Clover, detailed hardware specs, screen shots of KP screens and so on...

Okay, great to know. I haven't been on here a lot lately. Will post those ASAP. Thank you for your help.

I forgot the machine with the Asus Maximus VI Extreme doesn't KP anymore. Below are complete specs.

Asus Z87 Maximus VI Extreme.
Cooler Master Water cooler 140MM size.
Corsair 650T.
PNY GTX760 2GB models - We have two but only using 1 at the moment.
Corsair AX860 PSU
Boot drive is a Seagate 500GB Momentus XT.
RAM, I will get specs but we bought a 2133 Quad channel DDR3 kit. Which is an 4X8GB kit.

If I am missing anything let me know.
Oh, lastly. I updated to lasted BIOS on board and OS to 10.9.3.

Thank you all for the help.

If it doesn't KP anymore what's the problem?

Chimera? Clover? Legacy or UEFI?

Chimera for sure I know.

Legacy or UEFI, how would I find this out?

I can say that I had to put Chimera on the EFI partition to continue booting into the Mac OS hard drive. When this wasn't completed the machine would continously just boot into the BIOS.

Now, I wish I hadn't stopped building, and researching the building of OSX machines. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back