Contribute
Register

ASUS Z87 - Pro Hackintosh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for all your informasion :clap: have you found out about the wifi problem?

Of course it did not as OS X requires GUID partition tables.
Known solution for Asus series 8 boards is to install the boot loader in the EFI partition - see http://www.tonymacx86.com/articles/115818-article-install-bootloader-extra-efi-partition.html

If I said it's how works for me, it's because it works.

Anyway, this forum don't have any decent options do edit text, still I left here my post in other forum so people can take a look what i discover until now, sure can be useful for some people.

fB7C7wT.png

If I said it's how works for me, it's because it works.
As usual Going Bald is absolutely right about this. What you claim can't/won't work and insisting that is does is nonsense. Either you don't understand what happening on your own system or you just like to Troll... There are several good options to properly boot a Hack using Asus Z87 boards and they are as easy to find as doing a search...

1. Yes.
2. Don't know - have you looked at the Post installation -> Audio forum?

No, I haven't. I'll check that out. I'm still pretty new to all this, so thanks for the clarification.

As usual Going Bald is absolutely right about this. What you claim can't/won't work and insisting that is does is nonsense. Either you don't understand what happening on your own system or you just like to Troll... There are several good options to properly boot a Hack using Asus Z87 boards and they are as easy to find as doing a search...

Yap, I just make that monstrous post, even take a print, send to the internet, post here in the forum because I like to Troll :facepalm:
It's there every step I made, if people want to follow very well, if they don't, I will sleep well anyway. Can I don't "understand what happening on your own system" maybe, but I'm putting here all the info and steps that I made. Theres anyone here already try it, to even say that will not work?!

In other news, I lost my audio when update to 10.9.2. I will try use "MultiBeast - Mavericks 6.2.1" again to see if fix the problem and I can recover audio again.

UPDATE: Yap, just install the drivers again via MultiBeast and is working again :)

Haven't been on here in a while but anyway.

I still prefer Asus over Gigabyte, even for a hack - flashing the BIOS is simple and I've always got a better performance from them.

Anyway, I've got an Asus H87I-Plus and an i7-4770S on order. (mobo arrived today, cpu in the next couple of days)

Fingers crossed the BIOS is unlocked.

hello.
you could configure h87i-plus?
how did you do it?
can share
dsdt
ulock bios??

Hi all,

I just built my first Hackintosh (and computer, for that matter) with the Asus Z87-Pro mobo with Mavericks 10.9.5. Everything went well except the audio drivers aren't working ALC1150, and I can't get my computer to sync my iPhone/iPad. I installed the audio and USB drivers from MultiBeast a couple of times, and my boot keeps hanging at this point (see below) regardless if I install one driver at a time or both.

Any thoughts on what could be holding it up? My research is suggesting maybe something to do with the graphics, but I didn't touch those drivers and I'm connected using a DVI cable already.

Any help is appreciated.

My hardware:
Asus Z87-Pro
i7 4790K
Onboard Graphics (No GPU)
16GB Ballistix DDR3
256 Crucial SSD

IMG_0004.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back