Contribute
Register

ASUS Z87 - Pro Hackintosh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yo, what did you do to get it working? Share the love. The z87 users on here need to get these things down on paper. :thumbup:

Hello dear Asus Z87-PRO users :)
Please allow me to share my story with this mainboard. :p

I managed to install 10.8.5 with no major problems on my Asus Z87-PRO / 4770K / Intel HD4600 / SATA HDD / 16GB RAM

Hooray!

I used a USB stick cooked with Unibeast and the 12F37 build of 10.8.5 as in the ML tutorial (tonymacx86 - UniBeast: Install OS X Mountain Lion on Any Supported Intel-based PC)
After the installation I got into SafeMode (-x) and installed MultiBeast.
For audio I used : AppleHDA for ALC1150 UPDATE (TEST) - OSx86.net Hackintosh
I am so happy that IGPU works now without a hassle because I don't have a decent dedicated graphics card. System info says : "Intel HD 4600 Graphics : 1024 MB"(yay).
Bluetooth seems to work(not tested, don't need it)

Now the problems (hehe) :
- WIFI - not working (i don't need it anyway)
- GRAPHICS - minor glitches from time to time.. nothing serious though
- AUDIO - distorsions sometimes when playing Youtube vids via Chrome (the audio drivers are TEST stage so it's fine)
- SOFTWARE : latest version of Tuxera NTFS behaves weird.. "mount errors and such" at startup but it does the job after all

Oh, I almost forgot. I can only boot from USB first then select the OSX partition in the bootloader...

All in all I'm satisfied. I had VERY LOW expectations anyway :)
Everybody in this world seems to have Gigabyte mainboards and everybody recommends them for Hackintosh and I was pretty depressed with my Z87-PRO :)

So dear Asus-ers, cheer up!

I'll come back with more updates... sometime.
NEXT mission : OSX 10.9 Gold Master :)

I have an Asus Z87 mobo and cannot get to the install.

Can you please post the bios settings you used?

Yea I can't get to istall screen what bios setttings or boot flags, just -x?

Finally

My Z87-Pro already have the Mac OSX 10.9 Mavericks on it :D

Everything working besides the wifi, still work to do!

Finally

My Z87-Pro already have the Mac OSX 10.9 Mavericks on it :D

Everything working besides the wifi, still work to do!
Does the bootloader work? Or do you need to have the USB to get into OS X?

I could not make it work, but one user said that works for him using this guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/401-install-bootloader-extra-efi-partition.html

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

UPDATE:
To make the HD bootable -> Format the disk that will receive the Mac OSX as "Master Boot Record" (Disk Utilities > Select HD > Partition > Options)

Wait wait wait .... you said ... just format the disk as MBR and you don't need to leave plugged the usb key where Multi/UniBeast is ??? Because i tried it some days ago and it didn't work with a Asus Z87 ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back