Contribute
Register

ASUS Z87 - Pro Hackintosh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
When Mavericks is released.

There is a chance that Mountain Lion will support Haswell. Only updates will confirm this. Based on the new MBA having Haswell CPUs makes me believe that other than the well documented Mac Pro, Haswell may spread across all Apple units this year. Especially the mobiles. Time will tell.

Hi ColonelPanicGold,

How did it go with the Asus Z87 Pro?

I loved what I read about this motherboard, I'd really appreciate if I could have some feedback about its performances and if it can be turned into a hackintosh easily.

Cheers!

Donnie Darko

I have z87 pro mobo. Hackintosh works well exept audio that kinda scraching. keep trying to solve this problem. finally works! yppi-ka-yey

Hey washirving,
I got a Asus Z87 pro as well, I am a complete noob, just quick steps for hackintoshing... what should I follow?
Thanks.

I have z87 pro mobo. Hackintosh works well exept audio that kinda scraching. keep trying to solve this problem. finally works! yppi-ka-yey

yeah, i´d love to know how you did it! i just can´t get my USB stick to boot into chimera 2.20 or anything for that matter.....

could you please help me out?

cheers

Some feedback about the steps will be great...

Haven't been on here in a while but anyway.

I still prefer Asus over Gigabyte, even for a hack - flashing the BIOS is simple and I've always got a better performance from them.

Anyway, I've got an Asus H87I-Plus and an i7-4770S on order. (mobo arrived today, cpu in the next couple of days)

Fingers crossed the BIOS is unlocked.

I also just got an h87-I. What do I need to flash the BIOS? I haven't found much in 10 minutes of googling.

I also just got an h87-I. What do I need to flash the BIOS? I haven't found much in 10 minutes of googling.

I think someone said the MSR in the BIOS of that board was unlocked. Try install, reboot with UniBeast, run multibeast, eject UniBeast, repair permissions and reboot.

If it does not KP on you with a backtrace to AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement kext, then you do not need a BIOS patch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back