Graphics
Nvidia
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I'm getting a new gaming rig next week, which I plan to dual boot with OSX, as i use OSX for work.

I know this board seems new, but just wondering if there is a chance that this can support mountain lion. What do you think guys?

There's no kernel support for Haswell CPU in the time being.

But anyway, if you buy, then it should be Gigabyte.

There's no kernel support for Haswell CPU in the time being.

But anyway, if you buy, then it should be Gigabyte.

Why? Asus and MSI are just as good as a Gigabyte board and only require a BIOS flash to get native power management. We do not as yet know if this is true of the 87/85 Haswell boards or not. The new BIOS may have the MSR unlocked, in which case you have a much wider choice of compatable boards.

Haven't been on here in a while but anyway.

I still prefer Asus over Gigabyte, even for a hack - flashing the BIOS is simple and I've always got a better performance from them.

Anyway, I've got an Asus H87I-Plus and an i7-4770S on order. (mobo arrived today, cpu in the next couple of days)

Fingers crossed the BIOS is unlocked.

I always threat these questioners as beginners. So they just want to install OS X as fast and as painless as they can. This is the most apprehensive way I think.

That's why I hate the early adopters... why can't they wait?

:banghead:
I mean those who are begging installation tutorials for an unreleased OS.
But uptil now, how many questioners have looked like competent for that mission?
>1%...

I am, most likely, getting the asus z87 pro.

Since you mentioned below, mind if I ask if you have any guides on how to flash asus bios, so I can use it for hackintosh setup? what are the tools I need for that?

Haven't been on here in a while but anyway.

I still prefer Asus over Gigabyte, even for a hack - flashing the BIOS is simple and I've always got a better performance from them.

Anyway, I've got an Asus H87I-Plus and an i7-4770S on order. (mobo arrived today, cpu in the next couple of days)

Fingers crossed the BIOS is unlocked.

hmmmm in my case, its not that I cannot wait. The main reason why I already posted it here early at this stage is so that a thread can be started about this particular subject. Thats how forum goes. Secondly, who knows, there might just be someone out there who have more information, so I'm also just trying my luck.

I've always been successful in building a hackintosh, but using different set of tools , not the ones you get from tonymacx86. I just didn't like those, 'cause their support is somewhat more limited that what you can do with the tools here.

I always threat these questioners as beginners. So they just want to install OS X as fast and as painless as they can. This is the most apprehensive way I think.

That's why I hate the early adopters... why can't they wait?

Like to know when the new kernel will be available for this mainboard?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back