Contribute
Register

Asus Z690 ProArt Creator WiFi (Thunderbolt 4) + i7-12700K + AMD RX 6800 XT

I using this 'Mac Pro' since last year , so I don't think it's compatible issue,
I tried take away all SSD , but still can't boot usb installer
I just updated Bios to 2204 , and same .
it is really strange ....
Have you already checked all BIOS settings that need to be changed (see page 1)?
Especially the secure boot setting. This prevents the loading of the .efi driver in Opencore.

Have you already checked all BIOS settings that need to be changed (see page 1)?
Especially the secure boot setting. This prevents the loading of the .efi driver in Opencore.
yes

A word of warning; today I tried to upgrade to macOS 13.3 public beta but it failed. It turns out, read somewhere else, you have to disable the e-cores to get it to install. But after that you still have to keep them disabled. For me a no go and I removed the public beta profile and now I am still on 13.2.1 until this issue is resolved.
The kernel has been modified in Ventura 13.3, which also breaks AMD Ryzen patches. Because OpenCore patches the kernel to allow P-cores and E-cores to be used simultaneously (asymmetric topology), it's quite likely that those patches need to be updated. We can monitor the Acidanthera GitHub site and use a pre-release build of OpenCore.efi as soon as the modified code is checked in.

That is strange......
I still cannot boot mac os by this EFI.
Even I did a bios update.
Is mine board problem ?
Can you boot having the EFI on SATA/NVME? And without any USB drives connected?

A word of warning; today I tried to upgrade to macOS 13.3 public beta but it failed. It turns out, read somewhere else, you have to disable the e-cores to get it to install. But after that you still have to keep them disabled. For me a no go and I removed the public beta profile and now I am still on 13.2.1 until this issue is resolved.
Yes, you are correct, I had to revert to 13.2 because of the E-Cores issue and I tried to use Random and Auto mode and as long as E-Cores is enabled, it will result in a Kernel Panic.

Apparently, some z790 motherboards that use the intel 2.5 Gbps lan i226-V have a hardware flaw that results in dropouts.

Another intel hardware device with bugs. I225-v was plagued with bugs. And maple ridge should be named bug ridge.
This definitely affected my windows system but the newest drivers seemed to have eliminated this issue for me.

I am running into some problems with my RX580 video Card. It only works properly with the HDMI connexion. The 2 displayports don't work properly. I have changed the RX580 card from my previous hack and the same problem occurs. Could it be a power supply issue? The same thing happens in the opencore bootup. I am on Monterey 12.6 with opencore 0.8.8.
Also I am trying to build another Asus ProArt Z690-Creator but when connected to the power supply the board just turns on the first led and restarts and repeats this issue. I changed the processor , the ram , the NVME, the graphics card and the power supply. Should I RMA this board?

I am running into some problems with my RX580 video Card. It only works properly with the HDMI connexion. The 2 displayports don't work properly. I have changed the RX580 card from my previous hack and the same problem occurs. Could it be a power supply issue? The same thing happens in the opencore bootup. I am on Monterey 12.6 with opencore 0.8.8.
When you say the two DisplayPorts don't work properly, what specifically happens with them?

Also I am trying to build another Asus ProArt Z690-Creator but when connected to the power supply the board just turns on the first led and restarts and repeats this issue. I changed the processor , the ram , the NVME, the graphics card and the power supply. Should I RMA this board?
By "first LED" do you mean the CPU LED? If the CPU LED never turns off, it means the board detected a problem with it. If you changed the processor, it's possible that at least one of the CPU socket pins is damaged. Something similar happened to me. It would be good to open a Support Ticket on the Asus website. A technician can help you troubleshoot and they can also replace the board if they believe the socket is damaged.

When you say the two DisplayPorts don't work properly, what specifically happens with them?

By "first LED" do you mean the CPU LED? If the CPU LED never turns off, it means the board detected a problem with it. If you changed the processor, it's possible that at least one of the CPU socket pins is damaged. Something similar happened to me. It would be good to open a Support Ticket on the Asus website. A technician can help you troubleshoot and they can also replace the board if they believe the socket is damaged.
Regarding the displayports , they go into an displayport to HDMI converter and feed a 10m HDMI cable that links to my TV and second screen. The second screen sometimes appears , most often not, then goes blank, the TV sometimes says that something is connected but stays blank. I will purchase an HDMI repeater and see if that helps. The previous hack (An X299 deluxe) had the same graphics card and everything worked fine. I can suppose it's a power supply issue and will try using the PCIe slot next to the motherboard connector called DP_12v_PWR to see if that helps also.

Regarding the broken Z690 board , I don't know which led turns on . It just goes on for a very brief moment and restarts endlessly . I guess something must be broken somewhere. I carefully inspected the socket with a magnifying glass and it seems ok. The cpus looked ok also. I did a CMOS reset but that didn't change anything. I'll check with asus even though my previous experience with them was a bit hopeless.

Back