Contribute
Register

Asus Z690 ProArt Creator WiFi (Thunderbolt 4) + i7-12700K + AMD RX 6800 XT

Same as for i225: If AppleVTD is enabled, Aquantia NICs are supported natively by DriverKit.
But if you can't enable AppleVTD, @CaseySJ has developed a set of patches to make Aquantia NICs work anyway. Do not use the patches together with AppleVTD.

SO, with AppleVTD I don't need either the OC flag named "ForceAquantiaEthernet" nor the SSDT dedicated to Aquantia with my Asus Z690 Pro Art (AQ113s), correct?

SO, with AppleVTD I don't need either the OC flag named "ForceAquantiaEthernet" nor the SSDT dedicated to Aquantia with my Asus Z690 Pro Art (AQ113s), correct?
  • ForceAquantiaEthernet is always needed when using any Aquantia 10Gbps controller
  • For the built-in Aquantia port on Asus ProArt Z690-Creator, we do not need an Aquantia SSDT because the device-ID is natively supported in Monterey and Ventura

• ForceAquantiaEthernet is always needed when using any Aquantia 10Gbps controller
  • For the built-in Aquantia port on Asus ProArt Z690-Creator, we do not need an Aquantia SSDT because the device-ID is natively supported in Monterey and Ventura
aaaahhhhh.... now the Aquantia 10G is not blinking even in BIOS.... ufff...... this motherboard is really challenging... how can I wake it up now?

aaaahhhhh.... now the Aquantia 10G is not blinking even in BIOS.... ufff...... this motherboard is really challenging... how can I wake it up now?
We should always try these things first -- see Try these Common Remedies:

This video is side-by-side comparison of ProArt Creator Z790 vs Z690. Mostly concerns the physical differences, not performance. Does not mention Thunderbolt.

We should always try these things first -- see Try these Common Remedies:
solved with a CMOS reset

and solved the auto-sleep issue!!! Finally!!! A complete reset done by ONYX saved me. Now Ventura is going to auto-sleep like a charm! YEAHHHH!!!

This video is side-by-side comparison of ProArt Creator Z790 vs Z690. Mostly concerns the physical differences, not performance. Does not mention Thunderbolt.

For me the only appeal Z790 ProArt might have is having the 2nd PCI-Ex slot running at least at 4x completely independent from the 1st PCI-Ex which is GPU dedicated. That would give me another slot for expansions without limiting my GPU.

Another round and another weird situation from my machine:

This is happening, more or less once at every hour... and never seen before! Yesterday I've just made a reset in CMOS to put the Aquantia 10g alive and then I've removed its dedicated SSDT from my config. Today the ethernet cable is not even connected to Aquantia but to the i-225v only. Any hints? Of course this is the only Mac on my entire local network.

Screenshot 2023-01-16 at 14.43.48.png

Last edited:
Hi, I was wondering if I could use a 4K monitor on a Thunderbolt dock by taking a DP Thunderbolt out from my RX580, using the DP IN port on the Z690 ProArt and sending that on to my Caldigit Element Hub. Basically, does the DP In work on Thunderbolt? It would make my life much easier.

Back