Contribute
Register

Asus Z690 ProArt Creator WiFi (Thunderbolt 4) + i7-12700K + AMD RX 6800 XT

Never used that setting:

View attachment 561742
Basically I've not changed anything since my upgrade from Monterey, when everything was working properly.
Disable "put hard disks to sleep when possible" You don't need this on this machine; it's a good think on Macbooks with battery. You don't need any sleep on a hackintosh workstation. You can use no sleep all time without problems, and, when you don't use the machine for more than 2 hours or on night before go to bed, the best way is turn PC and screen off.

@CaseySJ @etorix @gandem @dehjomz and everyone else who are using this motherboard:

do you guys have auto-sleep working under Ventura 13.x (never had this issue under Monterey) and OC 0.8.7 or 0.8.8? My manual sleep is working perfectly, but auto-sleep is not. Monitor goes off but the machine's fans keep going. I'm not using either the front USB-C port or the Aquantia 10G ETH.

after many tests with/out BT, and other amenities I've discovered that the culprit is this demon process called

if I kill it, it will re-launch cuz it's a daemon process but subsequently all the other auto sleep/wake iterations will work perfectly fine.

Now anyone knows what runningboardd is related to? And has any hints on why just the 1st time it starts it will block my sleep/wake?
Hello @Azimuth1,

I tested this on my Asus ProArt Z690 and auto sleep works properly. There are some things to know:
  • When a new macOS update is available, auto-sleep will go into a dark-wake mode to download and prepare the macOS update; because this can take 20-30 minutes, system will not enter full sleep
    • This happened to my ProArt system earlier today because Ventura 13.2 update was available
  • After Ventura 13.2 was installed, I left the system running and left the house to run some errands; when I came back after 2 hours I found the system sleeping perfectly (auto-sleep)
    • After waking the system and checking pmset -g log I found completely normal behavior:
      • There were maintenance wake cycles every hour because Power Nap is enabled
      • The system went back to full sleep after each maintenance wake
  • In Ventura it seems there are additional criteria for entering auto-sleep; this is somewhat speculative on my part, but it seems as if macOS manages auto-sleep more intelligently
    • In other words, if we set "turn monitor off" to X minutes (such as 10 or 15 minutes) it does not necessarily mean that the system will auto-sleep in 10 to 15 minutes

Last edited:
I've a question CaseySJ:

To enable i225 V on Big Sur is the same method with Monterey?

please update your hardware profile to allow others to help you easier
It's not my hardware Feartech, it's not for me:

- Asus Z690 ProArt Creator
- Intel Core i9-12900KF
- 64GB DDR5 GSkill 5600Mhz
- AMD Radeon Pro W6800
- Sabrent Rocket SSD Nvme 1TB
- Sabrent Rocket SSD Nvme 2TB
- Corsair AX1000
- Alphacool Eisbaer 420 AIO

Basic it's the same CaseySJ's hardware. But CaseySJ's EFI is for Monterey.

I've a question CaseySJ:

To enable i225 V on Big Sur is the same method with Monterey?
Yes. More specifically, AppleVTD is necessary to enable i225-V in both Monterey and Ventura.

Hello @Azimuth1,

I tested this on my Asus ProArt Z690 and auto sleep works properly. There are some things to know:
  • When a new macOS update is available, auto-sleep will go into a dark-wake mode to download and prepare the macOS update; because this can take 20-30 minutes, system will not enter full sleep
    • This happened to my ProArt system earlier today because Ventura 13.2 update was available
  • After Ventura 13.2 was installed, I left the system running and left the house to run some errands; when I came back after 2 hours I found the system sleeping perfectly (auto-sleep)
    • After waking the system and checking pmset -g log I found completely normal behavior:
      • There were maintenance wake cycles every hour because Power Nap is enabled
      • The system went back to full sleep after each maintenance wake
  • In Ventura it seems there are additional criteria for entering auto-sleep; this is somewhat speculative on my part, but it seems as if macOS manages auto-sleep more intelligently
    • In other words, if we set "turn monitor off" to X minutes (such as 10 or 15 minutes) it does not necessarily mean that the system will auto-sleep in 10 to 15 minutes
Ok, I will wait for more time and see … and then report back.

And… Ventura 13.2 is out?

Yes. More specifically, AppleVTD is necessary to enable i225-V in both Monterey and Ventura.
Ok, thank You Casey. And Aquantia 10G? It's seems work! I can connect Safari to internet, joint Google but when I try download somethig or joint a website it's stop to work.

* I'ill try Aquantia Patch and see it's work fine

Last edited:
Back