Contribute
Register

Asus Z690 ProArt Creator WiFi (Thunderbolt 4) + i7-12700K + AMD RX 6800 XT

The front USB-c port on the Formula also causes instant wake in Windows/Linux. It does indeed quick charge up to 60W as per testing with my USB-C tester, but a device connected to it causes sleep issues.
@dehjomz,

Is there a way to turn off Quick Charge in BIOS? I remember seeing a Power Delivery option, but not sure if that applies only to soft power-off instead of sleep...

Hello CaseySJ, hello All,

Someone tell me to build a hackintosh with this needs:

- MacOS Big Sur cause plugins on sound card.
- Thunderbolt 3.0 or 4.0
- Radeon Pro W 6800 24Go(Native on Big Sur?)

Do You recommend this guide with this hardware? Newer generation 13 Intel Core processeur on Z790 board? Native thunderbolt on Asus Z690 Pro Art always not compatible? Titan Ridge recommended? Have another guide on Tonymacx with native thunderbolt on motherboard running on MacOS?

Thank You in advance

Hello CaseySJ, hello All,

Someone tell me to build a hackintosh with this needs:

- MacOS Big Sur cause plugins on sound card.
- Thunderbolt 3.0 or 4.0
- Radeon Pro W 6800 24Go(Native on Big Sur?)

Do You recommend this guide with this hardware? Newer generation 13 Intel Core processeur on Z790 board? Native thunderbolt on Asus Z690 Pro Art always not compatible? Titan Ridge recommended? Have another guide on Tonymacx with native thunderbolt on motherboard running on MacOS?

Thank You in advance
One of the magical secrets of running Big Sur on this Asus board is that Thunderbolt Bus can be activated on the built-in Maple Ridge controller without flashing the firmware. This only works with Big Sur.

The Radeon Pro W6800 is natively supported on Big Sur.

I don’t know if Thunderbolt Bus will activate on the new Z790 board. It may or may not activate. However, it’s still possible to use a flashed GC-Titan Ridge on a Z790 with Raptor Lake. So the choice between Z690 and Z790 is something to think about…

@dehjomz,

Is there a way to turn off Quick Charge in BIOS? I remember seeing a Power Delivery option, but not sure if that applies only to soft power-off instead of sleep...
You can disable the USB port (which disables it for data, not power delivery). But no option to turn off QC. if you disconnect the 6 pin PCIe cable from the motherboard, it will not fast charge.

One of the magical secrets of running Big Sur on this Asus board is that Thunderbolt Bus can be activated on the built-in Maple Ridge controller without flashing the firmware. This only works with Big Sur.

The Radeon Pro W6800 is natively supported on Big Sur.

I don’t know if Thunderbolt Bus will activate on the new Z790 board. It may or may not activate. However, it’s still possible to use a flashed GC-Titan Ridge on a Z790 with Raptor Lake. So the choice between Z690 and Z790 is something to think about…
Niiiicceeeee!

Thank You for your answer CaseySJ!

Z790 platform maybe a little risk for now..too newer. I think will go Z690 with updated BIOS 13rd gen compatible. ;)

Hi! If I bought an AMD RX 6950 XT FE card, can I use it in hackintosh by just spoofing the device id? Is anybody using 6950 XT in hackintosh? Thank you.

Hi! If I bought an AMD RX 6950 XT FE card, can I use it in hackintosh by just spoofing the device id? Is anybody using 6950 XT in hackintosh? Thank you.
If we search the site for keyword 6950 we get many good replies including this one:

You can disable the USB port (which disables it for data, not power delivery). But no option to turn off QC. if you disconnect the 6 pin PCIe cable from the motherboard, it will not fast charge.
OK, and, if you disconnect the power cable from the motherboard excluding the fast charge, sleep&wake work?

Hey, guys! There are good offers during Black Fridays for WD SN850X disks. Is it suitable for a Monterey/Ventura build or is it better to stay with SN850 (which costs significantly more)?

Last edited:
Back