Contribute
Register

Asus Z690 ProArt Creator WiFi (Thunderbolt 4) + i7-12700K + AMD RX 6800 XT

I couldn't be happier with both of them! How's that for a succinct summary? :) Both are excellent choices. On the ProArt, try to use 2 DIMM slots only for best results.
Good to know, I will go for mini ITX Z690-I. I hope to see Black Friday offers at good price for it.

Apologies for the late reply; I've been tied with an AM5 Ryzen project.

Anyway, I can check my front panel USB-C port over the weekend.

All: If your case has a front-panel USB-C port, please connect a USB-C flash drive, put the system to sleep, then wake it up. Does the USB-C flash drive disconnect or remain connected?
HI @CaseySJ

Have you had the chance to test your front panel USB-C port?

What method are you using for USB port map? I've always heard that using an SSDT is the best method. Are you using a boot arg to exclude ports? Are you using OC to boot into Windows? If so, maybe OC isn't correctly handling things properly. I only ask because you are experiencing the exact same behavior I was. Here is the SSDT I'm using based on @CaseySJ's AURA LED AML. Feel free to test.
Sorry for the late reply, probably I’ve missed your post.

I tried both methods: an SSDT-UIAC-ASUS-Z690-PROART-ALL-PORTS.aml with uia-exclude flag to stay under 15 ports limit; and also the USBMAP.kext created with USB TOOLBOX under Windows. And no, Windows is connected as needed (I.e. upgrading BIOS) but it doesn’t stay under OC.

I couldn't be happier with both of them! How's that for a succinct summary? :) Both are excellent choices. On the ProArt, try to use 2 DIMM slots only for best results.
Sorry I haven't seen this about the DIMM . I am running 4 x 16 ddr5 - is there an issue when doing this?

Hi guys, I haven't been on here since following this guide earlier in the year, can anyone who has been following the thread throughout quickly tell me if I'm ok to update to Ventura and what version of OC i need to do that?

Currently on Monterey 12.3.1

Hi guys, I haven't been on here since following this guide earlier in the year, can anyone who has been following the thread throughout quickly tell me if I'm ok to update to Ventura and what version of OC i need to do that?

post 1 probably has a mini upgrade guide

I guess there is no Ventura mini-guide yet. You have to wait for a while. I also suggest - but it's just my personal opinion, to wait for Ventura 13.1 to be released to have things more stable from both Apple and Hackintosh sides.

Sorry I haven't seen this about the DIMM . I am running 4 x 16 ddr5 - is there an issue when doing this?
By DDR5 specification, RAM speed drops when using 2 DIMMs per channel, so performance would be better with 2*32 GB (or possibly even with DDR4!). If you have no stability issues with 4 DIMMs, keep as you are.

HI @CaseySJ

Have you had the chance to test your front panel USB-C port?
I just tested the front panel USB-C port and yes I see the problem. It might be due to latest Asus BIOS. Here's the behavior I see:
  • Ventura 13.0
  • Insert USB-C USB 3.1 32GB flash disk named "Thunderbolt Test" into front panel USB-C port
  • macOS shows this message:
Screenshot 2022-11-16 at 3.52.44 PM.png

• After about 5 seconds the message disappears and disk is mounted properly and works properly
  • Ejecting the disk, however, requires about 2 or 3 attempts
If this problem happens in both macOS and Windows, and it happens for everyone, then it is very likely a BIOS problem.

Back