Contribute
Register

Asus Z690 ProArt Creator WiFi (Thunderbolt 4) + i7-12700K + AMD RX 6800 XT

Hello @CaseySJ I try, but in my system no display temperature...
This is necessary special settings ?
Thanks
@Rag

You also need the iStatistica Sensors app. It has to be installed separately. I think when setting up the Settings... when clicking on the Sensors button if the Sensors app wasn't installed yet it would offer to install it.

Settings....jpg

Sensors App.jpg

That is iStatistica.
Thanks for the reply. Could you help me, I have where the memory of the 6600xt video card is disappearing.Just on the desktop.If you open the walls, photos. You have 6800xt, how are you doing with it? Maybe this is normal for the 6000 series of amd graphics cards?The screenshot shows that there are 2, 65 gigabytes left, and after a while 1 gigabyte or less at all.It doesn't seem to affect the work, but I want to figure it out. Can you help me?

Attachments

• Снимок экрана 2022-11-13 в 23.31.10.png
    Снимок экрана 2022-11-13 в 23.31.10.png
    38.4 KB · Views: 19
Thanks for the advice on getting my 6900XT to run. I now have Mac OS and Windows working well. Keeping the DDR5 RAM speed to 3000MHz allows me to use all 128GB without any problems.

Which Mac model would you recommend using in OpenCore config? iMacPro1,1 or MacPro7,1?

I updated my SN850X to the latest firmware, and I'm seeing improved read/write speeds when connected to my CalDigit TS4 dock. Old firmware was 2284/1391. Latest firmware today came in at 2780/1982. While still not as fast as when it's directly connected to the ProArt TB port, this is a significant improvement.
Hello @gandem, I am wondering if you are using Monterey or Ventura?

I am having a bug on Ventura (but not Monterey) where, if I connect external Thunderbolt storage the PC by way of a TB4 dock in the middle, when the PC goes through a sleep/wake cycle in Ventura, the Thunderbolt media ejects unexpectedly. However, if the Thunderbolt storage is directly connected to the PC (i.e., don't use the dock), then I have no such problems. Also, the media does unexpectedly eject during sleep/wake in Windows, Linux, Monterey and Big Sur. The only issue is with Ventura. So I am wondering if you have experienced any such bugs with Ventura?

Hello @gandem, I am wondering if you are using Monterey or Ventura?

I am having a bug on Ventura (but not Monterey) where, if I connect external Thunderbolt storage the PC by way of a TB4 dock in the middle, when the PC goes through a sleep/wake cycle in Ventura, the Thunderbolt media ejects unexpectedly. However, if the Thunderbolt storage is directly connected to the PC (i.e., don't use the dock), then I have no such problems. Also, the media does unexpectedly eject during sleep/wake in Windows, Linux, Monterey and Big Sur. The only issue is with Ventura. So I am wondering if you have experienced any such bugs with Ventura?
I'm not having any problems in Ventura (13.0) or Monterey (12.6.1) when my Acasis drive is plugged into my TS4 dock. System goes to sleep with the drive attached and when I wake it up, it's still connected.
I did discover that my system will not sleep when using the Aquantia port and will sleep if I switch to the Intel port- but that is a separate issue.:)

I'm not having any problems in Ventura (13.0) or Monterey (12.6.1) when my Acasis drive is plugged into my TS4 dock. System goes to sleep with the drive attached and when I wake it up, it's still connected.
I did discover that my system will not sleep when using the Aquantia port and will sleep if I switch to the Intel port- but that is a separate issue.:)
Interesting. That’s good news. Perhaps my hotplug SSDT is to blame. Which are you using ?

Hey @CaseySJ

Could you please share your opinion pros and cons after long usage of Z690-I ROG STRIX and Z690 ProArt? Thank you!
I couldn't be happier with both of them! How's that for a succinct summary? :) Both are excellent choices. On the ProArt, try to use 2 DIMM slots only for best results.

I'm using @CaseySJ 's SSDT-MAPLE-RIDGE-RP05-V2.aml.
Seems that the bug with was related to the Hotplug SSDT and the use of the XCHIPortLimit. Using @CaseySJ SSDT-MAPLE-RIDGE-RP05-V2.aml and disabling the XHCIPortLimit results in normal behavior... my drive that is connected via the dock no longer disconnects during a sleep/wake cycle in Ventura.

Seems that the use of the XHCIPortLimit is now causing unintended problems (I knew this for years, but I didn't check to see if it was on or off).

Anyways, good work, and now I can enjoy testing Ventura. I haven't installed it on my MacBook yet... waiting until at least 13.2 or 13.3.

Back