Contribute
Register

Asus Z690 ProArt Creator WiFi (Thunderbolt 4) + i7-12700K + AMD RX 6800 XT

I've installed the ME driver from here as suggested by ASUS but it didn't help to solve the front USB-C's problem.
I think this drive only helps on Windows, I tried to find something that could talk about it on Mac but I couldn't find anything.
I'm using the USB provided inside Hackidrom, and my ports work the front ones, and the USBC Thunder ones in the back, but four blue USBs in the back.. these don't work, but also as I don't have anything too big in USB... I put one HuB and I solved the problem.
I don't know how to map USB ports I found it very complex and boring.
Another complement, I've been running since yesterday, without any more freezing after I updated the FW of the M2 850x, it seems that the problem was in it.

Now I updated the firmware of the 850X, thanks to @gandem for the warning, everything went smoothly. I'm running it again. Let's see if new freezes will occur. Thank you all for your help.
Out of curiosity, what firmware version are you running on your SN850X now?

Attachments

• Captura de tela_20221110_123237.png
    Captura de tela_20221110_123237.png
    280.2 KB · Views: 58
I swapped the 6900XT for an ASUS TUF Gaming 6900XT as other people have had success with this model. It's recognised by the motherboard and I can use it in Windows. However, when booting to Mac OS Ventura the screen goes black then the display signal is lost. How can I get this GPU working in Mac OS Ventura too?

I updated my SN850X to the latest firmware, and I'm seeing improved read/write speeds when connected to my CalDigit TS4 dock. Old firmware was 2284/1391. Latest firmware today came in at 2780/1982. While still not as fast as when it's directly connected to the ProArt TB port, this is a significant improvement.

Using the information here I was able to boot with the ASUS TUF Gaming 6900XT but I have no GPU acceleration. Can anyone help with this last issue?

Using the information here I was able to boot with the ASUS TUF Gaming 6900XT but I have no GPU acceleration. Can anyone help with this last issue?
What is the device-ID of the 6900XT? This information is found in System Information —> Graphics/Displays.

Back