Contribute
Register

Asus Z690 ProArt Creator WiFi (Thunderbolt 4) + i7-12700K + AMD RX 6800 XT

A/A: Please add a driver for this in macOS!

View attachment 557632

(A/A = Apple/AMD)
Feels like late 2020 all over again with new AMD cards releasing, and x86 macOS users hoping for a macOS driver. AMD’s cards are still relatively expensive but seem to be much more value per dollar than the 4080/4090. In fact I think Nvidia will be forced to drop the price on the 4080.

Check out the case of the 3770K, I’d like to install a 13700K or 13900K.

4CA24590-93BF-47A5-A4CC-C898BF999944.jpeg

I finally desist on RX 6600, just bought an RX 6800, it looks like it related to the new RX 6600 BIOS

Last edited:
I finally desist on rx 6600, just bought an RX 6800, it looks like it related to the new RX 6600 BIOS
Glad to hear it. So there is no problem when restarting the Mac with RX 6800?

Last edited:
Glad to hear it. So there no problem when restarting the Mac with RX 6800?
Nop, only happens with RX 6600 or RX 6600 XT, now I see a minor problem, that the internal mic isn't working, the rear one is working well and bot audio outputs but internal input isn't

Edit: Just clear NVRAM and mic works fine

Thank you very much @gandem

Good news, after a lot of fight with Highpoint, which I sent to hell, because I said if you want to change the BIOS as you did, you should alert before making the changes, because I would have a choice to update or not.

Well, after they said that there was no way to downgrade, today to my surprise after messing with them, they sent me a BIOS Factory Default version, which is to be done via DOS, which I did and that's it.. matter resolved and the 3740A has returned to live and beautifully enter Hackintosh.
Wow — glad to hear it! It’s really annoying when manufacturers don’t allow BIOS/firmware to be downgraded.

Regarding this post of mine and my problem with front USB-C port just a follow-up:

after upgrading BIOS (v. 2004 or v. 2103, both of them have the same behavior), I've also noticed that not only the front UBS-C port is not working correctly under Mac but under Windows 10 too.

So I've entered in contact with Asus support, and I'll let you know if it's an H/W problem, and, therefore, I will RMA the board or it's a BIOS/firmware/software problem of some type. In the meantime anybody is experiencing my same problem?

Back