Contribute
Register

Asus Z690 ProArt Creator WiFi (Thunderbolt 4) + i7-12700K + AMD RX 6800 XT

View attachment 556976

Tried to disable it, still stuck , and I add -v, got this message
Some questions and suggestions:
  • At the OpenCore Boot Picker, please look at the bottom right corner of the screen. What is the OpenCore REL number?
  • What we're seeing in the screenshot is the final part of a kernel panic. It will be necessary to take video of the boot log (a smartphone can be used for this), then scrub 1 or 2 frames back from the end so we can see the log messages just before the end. On an iPhone we can scrub the video and capture screenshots; this should be doable on any smartphone.

Hi @CaseySJ

Thanks for helping as always.

The 3740 card was purchased in 2020, 2 years old and it worked fine on the z390 designare.

Yes the FW is version 1.15, in contact with Highpoint there is a version 1.16.

I think you're on the right path, maybe I shouldn't have updated FW on it.

There's a way to revert and get an old FW, if you know where I can find it.Yes VT-D is activated.

I await your help.

Thanks.
Because you purchased the card in 2020, it probably came with FW version 1.0.0. Below is the FW revision history, but the HighPoint README file is very confusing. It says current version is this:
  • BIOS version 1.1.6
  • UEFI version 1.0.7
But in Revision History, we have 1.0.9 from last month (September).

Anyway:
  • Which FW version was installed on this card when it was running in Z390 Designare?
  • Do you still have Z390 Designare?
  • If so, have you tried installing the 3740 back into the Z390 Designare to see if it still works in macOS?
Code:
   v1.0.9 09/21/2022
       * Fix a bug that device page is displayed incorrectly in legacy BIOS. 

v1.0.8.1 08/24/2022
       * Add ArrayCreate.efi utility to support create and delete array.

v1.0.8 08/15/2022
       * Fix a bug that BIOS interface displayed out of memory when using two adapters.

v1.0.7 07/28/2022
       * Support SAS Expander.

v1.0.6.1 07/14/2022
       * Add blf format file to support online update via RAID management.

v1.0.6 06/22/2022
       * Mearge UEFI driver and HII to support H210 and W550 based on Hygon platform.
       * Support locate disk LED function in HII.
       * Support SAS disk's SN display in HII.    
       * Support UEFI drvier version display.   

v1.0.5 04/29/2021
       * Co-exist Legacy BIOS and UEFI.
       * Support UEFI HII.
       * Support above 4G decode setting.

v1.0.1 03/02/2021
       * Support RR3720C (88SE1485 Chipset).

v1.0.0 09/29/2018
       * First RAID BIOS release.

It is normal to get a 2-3 minutes of BIOS boot when use Pro Art Z690 Creator with 4 sticks of RAM?

When I only use 2 it boots normal and fast.

If using the OpenCore 0.7.7 EFI folder for this build, optionally follow this guide to fix the xh_adls3 table load failure. This fix will be included starting with OpenCore 0.7.8 EFI folder.
so, using OC 0.8.5, we don't have to unable the corresponding SSDT, correct?

so, using OC 0.8.5, we don't have to unable the corresponding SSDT, correct?
Simply check OpenCore Configurator --> ACPI page to see if it's enabled. We should enable it if it's not.

It is normal to get a 2-3 minutes of BIOS boot when use Pro Art Z690 Creator with 4 sticks of RAM?

When I only use 2 it boots normal and fast.
Does the delay happen only the first time after installing 4 DIMMs, or on every reboot thereafter?

I've not tried 4 DIMMs myself, but others may be able to offer their experience.

Hello @kingkong89 , Thanks for helping. @CaseySJ any suggestions for this problem?

I'm putting my EFI and the loading screen where we can see the problem, because it doesn't load properly.

Thanks.
Thank you my friend! I'm sourcing the parts now, and hopefully I can get it to work soon. but I might stick to 12900k.... cause availability of 13900k is not well covered yet.

My x299 is totally died..., after I slashed a whole glass of wine into it.....

ok... I re-write everything again...

Any device with USB-C connection (no matter if they are USB3/3.1/3.2) connected the USB-C (HS09/SS09 for our Asus Z690 Pro Art) front port of my Fractal Define USB-C r6 case has got that strange behaviour you can watch in the zipped video attached. I tried at least 3 Usb-C to USB-C cables and the error is always present.

On the other hand same devices and same cables present no errors if I connect them to the back USB-C ports (actually TH4 ports) of the motherboard.

I tried also to connect them by the way of an adapter but the error is still present, so it's not the internal cable of my case. I've also tried the same devices with an USB-C to USB-A 3.0 cable (i.e. using SS07/HS07 or SS08/HS08 ports) and they do work normally.

So the only port affected is HS09/SS09.... any hints? TIA

UPDATE 1: loaded an image where you can see the "double" loading of the device, as shown in the video.
@Azimuth1
I had the same exact behavior with my case with the front USB-C port. I was using @CaseySJ's SSDT-UIAC-ASUS-Z690-PROART-15-PORTS-AURA-LED.aml. The problem was that this AML file did not have HS09 enabled. So to resolve the issue, I dropped HS10 (internal USB 2.0 hub) since I'm not using it, and added HS09. Now the front USB-C port works as expected.
Hope this is the same issue for you.

Can someone explain to me how to get rid of the notification display in "About this Mac" or the exclamation mark after the memory under "System Preferences -> General -> About"?
It only occurred after I briefly deactivated restrictevents.kext (meanwhile activated it again). However, the display in both menus no longer disappears.

I would be grateful for a hint or help. I've attached a screenshot for better understanding.

Attachments

• Über diesen Mac.jpg
    Über diesen Mac.jpg
    145.6 KB · Views: 59
  • Info.jpg
    Info.jpg
    205.7 KB · Views: 66
@Azimuth1
I had the same exact behavior with my case with the front USB-C port. I was using @CaseySJ's SSDT-UIAC-ASUS-Z690-PROART-15-PORTS-AURA-LED.aml. The problem was that this AML file did not have HS09 enabled. So to resolve the issue, I dropped HS10 (internal USB 2.0 hub) since I'm not using it, and added HS09. Now the front USB-C port works as expected.
Hope this is the same issue for you.
Thanks @gandem !

unfortunately things on my side are a little bit different because I've always been using @CaseySJ SSDT-UIAC-ASUS-Z690-PROART-15-ALL-PORTS.aml with UIA-EXCLUDE flag in my config.plist , so that I've always been stayed at 15 total ports.

So I decided to build all the USB map from scratch by myself, I preferred to go with another method: instead of using and relying on Usbinjectall.kext v. 0.7.7 which is still based on the previous generation Z590 motherboards, I choose to go with USBToolBox under Windows 10. And these are my finding:

• file UTBMAP_z690PROART.txt is just the text version of the USBToolBox output. There are 3 XHCI trees in my case: the 1st one is referred to the USB parts of the two Thunderbolt ports, the 2nd is referred to the actual USB ports from Z690 chipset, and the 3rd one is related to my AMD RX6800XT GPU.
  • As you can see there are - as always happen - two ghost ports, namely the HS15 (0x0F0000) and HS16 (0x100000) inside the total 25 ports.
  • I build up the USBPorts.kext manually, based upon those finding and referring to all these actual (but not the ghost ones) ports onto the Asus Z690 ports as in the map1 and map2 of @CaseySJ . So I deliberately choose to strip down both the ghost ports and to lower the port-count data value inside the info.plist to 0x17 instead of 0x19.
  • I then exclude ports not in use with a "#" in front the port data key of each port I'm not using.
  • I must remember here that my kext works with my sysdef which is iMacPro 1,1 instead of Mac Pro 7,1. So change it accordingly if someone would go for a test!
And that's it! Finally everything is working correctly and the internal USB-C 3.2 gen. 2 port (HS09/SS09) is working as expected. The only thing I'm not happy with is that sleep will not be broken if an SSD disk is actually present in that port.

Could someone kindly check the sleep with some disk attached to that port?

Attachments

• UTBMAP_Z690PROART.txt
    2.3 KB · Views: 35
Back