Contribute
Register

Asus Z690 ProArt Creator WiFi (Thunderbolt 4) + i7-12700K + AMD RX 6800 XT

I could not get Intel Bluetooth to work.
  • Did everything in the guide
  • OC 8.3
  • Monterey 12.6
  • BIOS was 1720, updated to 2004 with no difference
  • WiFi is working fine.
How should I proceed?

Thanks.

I could not get Intel Bluetooth to work.
  • Did everything in the guide
  • OC 8.3
  • Monterey 12.6
  • BIOS was 1720, updated to 2004 with no difference
  • WiFi is working fine.
How should I proceed?

Thanks.
Let’s take a look at the following:
  • Screenshot of OpenCore Configurator—> ACPI
  • Screenshot of OpenCore Configurator —> Kernel
  • Screenshot of IORegistryExplorer —> XHCI section with all HS__ ports expanded so we can see if Intel Bluetooth module is present

** Asus ROG Strix Z690-i Mini-ITX **
Firmware 1720

No issues upgrading to the latest BIOS​

I'm trying to figure out why the Asus ROG Z690 and Asus Pro Z690 art have BIOS 1720; and why Asus Prime Z690 P 44 has BIOS number 1620; and why yours worked and mine didn't. Also, why do you use oc 0.8.3 not 0.8.4?

Let’s take a look at the following:
  • Screenshot of OpenCore Configurator—> ACPI
  • Screenshot of OpenCore Configurator —> Kernel
  • Screenshot of IORegistryExplorer —> XHCI section with all HS__ ports expanded so we can see if Intel Bluetooth module is present
Sure:

SS (2).png
SS (3).png
SS (1).png

I also uploaded the complete IOReg but the link has been deleted.

@MacMarshall

I'm not using this motherboard or 128GB of memory, but I had a similar question about compatible memory for a Gigabyte Z690 Aero G DDR4. I checked Gigabyte's compatible memory page and nothing was listed as 64GB, which is what I wanted to install. It was listing 2 x 16GB sticks for 32GB installed. I gambled and bought 4 X 16GB of that memory and it worked fine.

I'm speculating that double the 2 X 32GB to get 128GB would probably work.

I did run across some guidance saying in my case to buy the 4 memory sticks as a package rather than two packages of two each. Supposedly memory vendors match the 4 sticks to give some assurance of compatibility.

Sure:

I also uploaded the complete IOReg but the link has been deleted.
Some follow-ups:
  • Which motherboard are you using?
  • On many boards, Intel Bluetooth is on HS14, but the USB SSDT currently in effect is disabling this port. Hence, there is no HS14 in IOReg screenshot.
  • If you use SSDT-UIAC-ASUS-Z690-PROART-15-PORTS-V2.aml, then HS14 will be enabled. This SSDT is attached.

Attachments

• SSDT-UIAC-ASUS-Z690-PROART-15-PORTS-V2.aml
    709 bytes · Views: 31
Some follow-ups:
  • Which motherboard are you using?
  • On many boards, Intel Bluetooth is on HS14, but the USB SSDT currently in effect is disabling this port. Hence, there is no HS14 in IOReg screenshot.
  • If you use SSDT-UIAC-ASUS-Z690-PROART-15-PORTS-V2.aml, then HS14 will be enabled. This SSDT is attached.
  • Z690 ProArt Creator WiFi
  • I'll use the attached SSDT tomorrow and report back
Thanks

Update: Works like a charm, thanks. I think the main guide should be updated accordingly.

Last edited:
Hey Casey. I've been having a great time with this new build it works amazing. The one thing I still haven't figured out is why my Thunderbolt hot-plug does not work. Even if I boot into Windows without OpenCore as a bootloader. I open up Thunderbolt configuration software, and it shows that my device is attached. However, then it wont be read by the software or Windows audio.

I am running the latest BIOS for the Z690 Pro Art. I remember I asked you about this hot-plug issue but regarding macOS, and I believe now that its a universal issue with my system. My Thunderbolt BIOS settings are set to stock (just like your pictures).

Any idea what I should try next?

Back