Contribute
Register

Asus Z690 ProArt Creator WiFi (Thunderbolt 4) + i7-12700K + AMD RX 6800 XT

I think there is an error in build guide - I assume it’s 1) load optimized defaults
2) change XMP

As loading optimized defaults disables XMP

Attachments

• FD963692-D58B-44BC-87FE-0A2FE19597E2.png
    FD963692-D58B-44BC-87FE-0A2FE19597E2.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 46
I think there is an error in build guide - I assume it’s 1) load optimized defaults
2) change XMP

As loading optimized defaults disables XMP
You're right -- changing it now.

What is your current status?
  • System boots?
  • XMP Profile is enabled in BIOS?
  • What is the speed of your memory?
  • When you select Sleep, what happens?

You're right -- changing it now.

What is your current status?
  • System boots?
  • XMP Profile is enabled in BIOS?
  • What is the speed of your memory?
  • When you select Sleep, what happens?
Hi yes boots with one stick of 16GB 6200 / previous to updating memory BIOS to 6200 would boot with two sticks (with old 5200 bios settings) .

XMP is enabled. Intel WiFi and Bluetooth are off.

Sleep shuts down computer, and, when I reboot I get the message asking if I should start applications that were running previous as computer was shut down unexpectedly.

@rushstrike You must at least remove the device id from the device properties of the i225-v. Then you must disable the kernel-quirk DisableIoMapper and enable vt-d in the bios for activating AppleVTD. In case of problems with e.g. your WiFi, you might have to make some changes to DMAR.

edit: of course, you‘ve first to remove the boot-arg e1000=0

Last edited:
Hi yes boots with one stick of 16GB 6200 / previous to updating memory BIOS to 6200 would boot with two sticks (with old 5200 bios settings) .

XMP is enabled. Intel WiFi and Bluetooth are off.

Sleep shuts down computer, and, when I reboot I get the message asking if I should start applications that were running previous as computer was shut down unexpectedly.
Have you tried disabling XMP profile to see if it has an impact on sleep?

@rushstrike You must at least remove the device id from the device properties of the i225-v. Then you must disable the kernel-quirk DisableIoMapper and enable vt-d in the bios for activating AppleVTD. In case of problems with e.g. your WiFi, you might have to make some changes to DMAR.

edit: of course, you‘ve first to remove the boot-arg e1000=0
Thanks I'll try to Disable the DisableIOMapper. My vt-d is already enabled in BIOS. FYI the device property was already removed in my config.plist. It has a "#" in front of the device property so OC will treat that block as a comment.

Have you tried disabling XMP profile to see if it has an impact on sleep?
That didn’t change anything- still crashed. I have a Z490 build I can borrow that NVMe tmrw (with 12.5) and see if the behavior is any different. I could also install Windows and check out all the hardware if you think helpful ?

Thanks I'll try to Disable the DisableIOMapper. My vt-d is already enabled in BIOS. FYI the device property was already removed in my config.plist. It has a "#" in front of the device property so OC will treat that block as a comment.

Update. DisablingIOMapper did the trick! I am very happy that I don't have to use any extra boot args now.

@HenryM - Maybe update the guide in your other post that user might need to enable Apple VTD?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-07-21 at 7.46.58 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-07-21 at 7.46.58 PM.png
    148.6 KB · Views: 49
FYI the device property was already removed in my config.plist. It has a "#" in front of the device property so OC will treat that block as a comment.
Oh, i missed that because I was looking at your config on the iPhone.
@HenryM - Maybe update the guide in your other post that user might need to enable Apple VTD?

Perhaps @CaseySJ can do so in the revised guide, even if he and I have already done so elsewhere. Without AppleVTD, you will probably run into problems more often in the future.

Back