Contribute
Register

Asus Z690 ProArt Creator WiFi (Thunderbolt 4) + i7-12700K + AMD RX 6800 XT

Hi! Thanks for this excellent guide. I have a new install and looks good except when I manually sleep the computer shuts down. Also I don't have sound over DisplayPort. I am using the beta new EFI posted above and updated the motherboard to 1601 bios. Any help would be appreciated. I attach EFI. Thanks!
Hello @tdcam

Let’s start with the basics:
  • Which version of macOS?
  • Which GPU?
  • Are any Thunderbolt devices connected?
  • What devices are connected to *internal* USB 2 headers?
  • What is the make/model of the monitor?
  • Are you using a straight DisplayPort to DisplayPort cable (no adapters)?
  • Is this a brand new installation?
  • If so, was Migration Assistant used to import an older system?

Let’s start with the basics:
  • Which version of macOS?
  • Which GPU?
  • Are any Thunderbolt devices connected?
  • What devices are connected to *internal* USB 2 headers?
  • What is the make/model of the monitor?
  • Are you using a straight DisplayPort to DisplayPort cable (no adapters)?
  • Is this a brand new installation?
  • Which version of macOS? 12.5
  • Which GPU? its the NITRO+ AMD Radeon™ RX 6900 XT. its an XTXH Variant which after research requires "The XTXH variant (Device ID: 0x73AF) is supported with WhateverGreen 1.5.2 and spoofing device-id to 0x73AE"

• Are any Thunderbolt devices connected? No
  • What devices are connected to *internal* USB 2 headers? The Fenvi wifi/bluetooth
  • What is the make/model of the monitor? HP U32 4K HDR Display.
  • Are you using a straight DisplayPort to DisplayPort cable (no adapters)? Yes directly
  • Is this a brand new installation? Yes- I installed Big Sur and then upgraded to Monterey using software update.
Edit : went over Bios again and PTT was enabled. Changed to disabled System still shuts down when sleeping on its own

Thanks for the fast response !

Last edited:
  • Which GPU? Rx6900 Nitro XT
  • What devices are connected to *internal* USB 2 headers? The Fenvi wifi/bluetooth
  • Are you using a straight DisplayPort to DisplayPort cable (no adapters)? Yes directly
  • Is this a brand new installation? Yes- I installed Big Sur and then upgraded to Monterey using software update.
As per rules, please update your hardware profile to allow others to help you easier

• Which GPU? NITRO+ AMD Radeon™ RX 6900 XT
Asus Pro Art seems a little vague....

• Which GPU? its the NITRO+ AMD Radeon™ RX 6900 XT. its an XTXH Variant which after research requires "The XTXH variant (Device ID: 0x73AF) is supported with WhateverGreen 1.5.2 and spoofing device-id to 0x73AE"

Edit : went over Bios again and PTT was enabled. Changed to disabled System still shuts down when sleeping on its own

The config.plist you posted indicates that it's not from the latest OC 0.8.3 EFI folder. So let's start with a new EFI folder as follows:
  • Download the ProArt Z690-Creator EFI folder from this post
  • Follow the screenshots in that post -- just copy and paste your PlatformInfo --> DataHub information into the new config.plist
  • Then copy the new EFI folder to EFI partition and reboot
  • While this alone may not fix the shutdown-on-sleep issue, it should be done anyway
Another Thought:
  • When you configured BIOS, do you remember selecting Load Optimized Defaults before configuring the various BIOS parameters?

The config.plist you posted indicates that it's not from the latest OC 0.8.3 EFI folder. So let's start with a new EFI folder as follows:
  • Download the ProArt Z690-Creator EFI folder from this post
  • Follow the screenshots in that post -- just copy and paste your PlatformInfo --> DataHub information into the new config.plist
  • Then copy the new EFI folder to EFI partition and reboot
  • While this alone may not fix the shutdown-on-sleep issue, it should be done anyway
Another Thought:
  • When you configured BIOS, do you remember selecting Load Optimized Defaults before configuring the various BIOS parameters?
Hi thanks for the tips - I updated the EFI, redid the BIOS and now it will not start. Fan turns on for a second. I also put in faster memory and the BIOS automatically updated the memory speed, etc. Is their a preferred core configuration, and also I assume it’s fine to leave resize bar off? the system wouldn't boot so I reset the motherboard and can now boot into bios . . Edit removed a stick of the ram and now boots

Also took a look inside of this build and noticed that this connector is bent - is this standard ? Micro center built this (see photo). I would assume connector should be perpendicular to board? The wire is taught so I can't really straighten it .

Attachments

• CFC354B4-7024-405C-882A-A2915B54D4F9.jpeg
    CFC354B4-7024-405C-882A-A2915B54D4F9.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 71
Last edited:
Hi thanks for the tips - I updated the EFI, redid the BIOS and now it will not start. Fan turns on for a second. I also put in faster memory and the BIOS automatically updated the memory speed, etc. Is there a way to reset the motherboard and try again? Is their a preferred core configuration, and also I assume it’s fine to leave resize bar off? Thanks.
I should also mention, before redoing the BIOS, I successfully booted with the new memory - but still had the sleep issue so step 2 was to modify BIOS from the start. Thanks.

Back