Contribute
Register

Asus Z690 ProArt Creator WiFi (Thunderbolt 4) + i7-12700K + AMD RX 6800 XT

here it is. thx.
Ah, please try this modified version -- it's a drop-in replacement (EFI/OC/ACPI folder). Reboot is of course necessary.

Attachments

• SSDT-Z690-GPU-SPOOF.aml
    194 bytes · Views: 28
here it is. thx.
This may be a silly suggestion but I noticed your resolution is 3008 x 1586 which appears to be a non-standard resolution. I've heard some people say that certain macOS resolutions results in blurry text and/or laggy performance. I've never experienced it myself so I can't say whether this is true or not. But might your non-standard resolution be the cause of your troubles? What if you used say 2560x1440p?

This may be a silly suggestion but I noticed your resolution is 3008 x 1586 which appears to be a non-standard resolution. I've heard some people say that certain macOS resolutions results in blurry text and/or laggy performance. I've never experienced it myself so I can't say whether this is true or not. But might your non-standard resolution be the cause of your troubles? What if you used say 2560x1440p?
I have also tried full native resolution 4090x2160. Still laggy.

Ah, please try this modified version -- it's a drop-in replacement (EFI/OC/ACPI folder). Reboot is of course necessary.
Thank you very much CaseySJ :) Working great now. Appreciated.
I have a question. My processor is different from your setup. Do i have to change anything for my processor? Or guide is compatible for my i9-12900K.

Hi CaseySJ.
Thanks for this great guide. I have just installed Monterey 12.4
My gpu is MSI Gaming Z Trio 6900XT other than almost identical to your setup.

Unfortunately my desktop is a laggy. I am getting full resolution and it says Online in System Profiler.
How can I fix this. I am adding my config.plist and also screenshot from profiler.

Thx in advance.
your z trio 6900 xt needs to be spoofed I added the device properties to your config.plist and SSDT-BRG0.aml you can try good luck

Attachments

• Spoof.zip
    7.3 KB · Views: 33
Thank you very much CaseySJ :) Working great now. Appreciated.
I have a question. My processor is different from your setup. Do i have to change anything for my processor? Or guide is compatible for my i9-12900K.
Glad to hear it!

Fortunately the settings are fully compatible with i9-12900K, so no special accommodations are needed.

Glad to hear it!

Fortunately the settings are fully compatible with i9-12900K, so no special accommodations are needed.
By the way, I have this card from my previous build. I have tried to plug it to last PCI slot. Unfortunately it didn't work. Is it related with maximum usb port limit?

By the way, I have this card from my previous build. I have tried to plug it to last PCI slot. Unfortunately it didn't work. Is it related with maximum usb port limit?

Some questions:
  • Has this card worked on a Hackintosh before?
  • If so, which version of macOS did it work with?

Some questions:
  • Has this card worked on a Hackintosh before?
  • If so, which version of macOS did it work with?
Yes it worked before. Big Sur latest version with my previous setup. Asus X99-E WS with I7-5960X.

6900 XTXH is not properly supported and requires spoofing to a regular 6900 XT.
Spoofing can be done with a SSDT, which then has to be tailored to the ACPI path, as provided by @CaseySJ . Or it can be done with DeviceProperties in OpenCore, with the PCI path—and OpenCore needs a complete ACPI path to apply properties through the PCI path, which may require a complementary SSDT-BRG to establish a fully named ACPI path, as provided by @zappy39.
Either way, if the card is moved to a different slot, the ACPI and PCI paths change, and have to be readjusted. But it has nothing to do with the USB port limit.

If the card worked, with full support and acceleration but no spoofing, in a X99 build, there's a mystery…

Attachments

• SSDT-BRG0.aml
    108 bytes · Views: 30
Back