Contribute
Register

Asus Z690 ProArt Creator WiFi (Thunderbolt 4) + i7-12700K + AMD RX 6800 XT

Hmm I'm trying to get Universal Control to work with an Asus BT-400 USB dongle which is based on Broadcom BCM20702A0.

Hmm. I'm trying to get Universal Control to work with an Asus BT-400 USB dongle which is based on Broadcom BCM20702A0.
It's likely similar to getting continuity features to work on a hack, you would need to change to a natively recognized WiFi/Bluetooth card to fool OSX like the BCM94360NG. You could also opt for the Fenvi T919.

Hi, anybody experience boot lag and lag in OpenCore Picker screen when Thunderbolt connected. I have my OWC Thunderbolt 3 dock connected. I see significant lag in the bot. but no lag when the dock is disconnected? I use @CaseySJ's EFI folder.

Hi, anybody experience boot lag and lag in OpenCore Picker screen when Thunderbolt connected. I have my OWC Thunderbolt 3 dock connected. I see significant lag in the bot. but no lag when the dock is disconnected? I use @CaseySJ's EFI folder.
I have a CalDigit TS4 always connected, and I do not experience a lag in OpenCore Picker.

Same here. Works fine with Broadcom WiFi/BT module.
I have the Fenvi T919, does not work but I have the intel module still in PC but have HS14 turned off.

I have the Fenvi T919, does not work but I have the intel module still in PC but have HS14 turned off.
  • Which version of iPadOS is installed on your iPad?
  • In macOS --> System Preferences --> Displays, have you enabled Universal Control?
  • Are your Mac and iPad both (a) on the same WiFi network and (b) on the same iCloud account?
Have you seen Apple's web page for setting up Universal Control?

• Which version of iPadOS is installed on your iPad?
  • In macOS --> System Preferences --> Displays, have you enabled Universal Control?
  • Are your Mac and iPad both (a) on the same WiFi network and (b) on the same iCloud account?
Have you seen Apple's web page for setting up Universal Control?
iPad is on 15.5 and Yes to the other questions. It connects via Universal control, iPad goes to a black screen and then disconnects with the below error.
screen-shot-2022-06-21-at-07-26-46-png.549953
Screen Shot 2022-06-21 at 07.27.19.png

Screen Shot 2022-06-21 at 07.27.04.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-06-21 at 07.26.46.png
    Screen Shot 2022-06-21 at 07.26.46.png
    596.7 KB · Views: 380
  • Screen Shot 2022-06-21 at 07.27.04.png
    Screen Shot 2022-06-21 at 07.27.04.png
    815.1 KB · Views: 27
iPad is on 15.5 and Yes to the other questions. It connects via Universal control, iPad goes to a black screen and then disconnects with the below error.
screen-shot-2022-06-21-at-07-26-46-png.549953
View attachment 549955

View attachment 549956
Are you referring to SideCar or Universal Control?

SideCar will not work without a supported Intel iGPU. But Universal Control works for most of us.

Are you referring to SideCar or Universal Control?

SideCar will not work without a supported Intel iGPU. But Universal Control works for most of us.
Universal Control in Monterey

Universal Control in Monterey
Some other things to try:
  • Shutdown and restart the iPad
  • If this alone does not help, then try this:
    • On the Hackintosh, open System Preferences --> AppleID --> Overview --> Sign Out
    • This will log out of iCloud -- macOS will ask you some questions about what information to retain or delete from the computer; carefully read and respond to each question
    • Reboot Hackintosh
    • Log back in and sign in to iCloud

Back