Contribute
Register

Asus Z690 ProArt Creator WiFi (Thunderbolt 4) + i7-12700K + AMD RX 6800 XT

I am experiencing this on the Asus ProArt under MacOS 12.4 and 12.5 Beta3.
That's strange. Does sleep work properly on earlier versions of Monterey, assuming you have an older version installed such as 12.3.1?

---
Both 12.4 and 12.5 beta 3 are public releases of Monterey.

That's strange. Does sleep work properly on earlier versions of Monterey, assuming you have an older version installed such as 12.3.1?

---
12.3.1 sleeps fine, the problem occurs in 12.4 and 12.5 beta3. I think it should be that Apple modified AppleEthernetAquantiaAqtion.kext in 12.4

I did a fresh install of 12.3.1 using another empty disk and using the same EFI, the sleep was perfectly fine, when I upgraded this test disk to 12.4 the sleep problem reappeared and 12.5 beta3 also has issues.

12.3.1 sleeps fine, the problem occurs in 12.4 and 12.5 beta3. I think it should be that Apple modified AppleEthernetAquantiaAqtion.kext in 12.4

I did a fresh install of 12.3.1 using another empty disk and using the same EFI, the sleep was perfectly fine, when I upgraded this test disk to 12.4 the sleep problem reappeared and 12.5 beta3 also has issues.
Because we're using a SSDT to spoof the Device ID of our AQC113C controller, it is possible that sleep/wake is broken because our controller is not natively supported.

Does anyone have a natively supported Aquantia 10GbE PCIe card?

If so, does that card also encounter sleep problems in Monterey 12.4 and newer when an Ethernet cable is connected?

---
I don't recall it NOT working in 12.3/12.3.1. I typically do a quick sleep test when I upgrade and it worked at the time. Now, I did not do a sleep test when I updated to 12.4. Sleep is not something I really care about as most of the time I have it disabled for rendering. Last week however, I did have it enabled and when I came back to my desk it was bouncing in and out of sleep. I didn't investigate it further until I read the post on the Aero G discussion. I have a 12.2 backup I can try, but I think I'll need to change my config for it to work.

EDIT:

Sleep does work correctly when using the Aquantia port under MacOS 12.2 on the ProArt.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if Universal Control supposed to work on this build under Monterrey? I can't seem to get it going. Does it require Airplay?

Last edited:
Does anyone know if Universal Control supposed to work on this build under Monterrey? I can't seem to get it going. Does it require Airplay?
I am sure you will need IGPU for that to work.

Back