Contribute
Register

Asus Z690 ProArt Creator WiFi (Thunderbolt 4) + i7-12700K + AMD RX 6800 XT

Hi guys. I believe my IP address is being blocked as I'm unable to view the site without a vpn or air card. Hoping an administrator can get me fixed.

Hi guys. I believe my IP address is being blocked as I'm unable to view the site without a vpn or air card. Hoping an administrator can get me fixed.
Use the 'Contact Us' link at the bottom of the page and quote your IP address.

Saturday came and went, but the task of fixing, cleaning and reorganizing the media library took much longer than expected. The job is finally complete.

Ended up learning more about iTunes media library than I wanted to, but it was a good exercise! Used the wonderful Mp3tag application from Mac App Store to edit metadata (ID3 tags) and album covers for numerous albums so that:
  • iTunes library does not split albums
  • iTunes 'search' generates more complete results
  • Audirvana organizes files properly
  • My standalone music streamer with a local copy of the music library also organizes files properly and displays album covers
I have two versions of the music library: (a) MP3 at 324kbps and (b) Apple Lossless. Hence it took a few days to finish the job, but well worth the effort.
  • iTunes (er, the Music app) -- Lossy and Lossless libraries
  • Audirvana -- Synchronizes to the iTunes Lossless library without making a copy of the files; also synchronizes to a separate folder containing SACD (DSD) rips
  • Standalone Streamer -- Local 2TB SATA SSD with a copy of the Lossless library and SACD (DSD) rips
Sounds like you have a lot of music! You don’t also happen to use Serato and a dj controller, do you ?

Sounds like you have a lot of music!
Yes, it’s a compilation of downloaded mp3s from ages ago, CD and SACD rips, and CDs purchased from numerous overseas business trips. Had to scan lots of album covers for those…

You don’t also happen to use Serato and a dj controller, do you ?
Alas, my brother got the genes for creating music and I got the genes for appreciating music. :)

Yes, it’s a compilation of downloaded mp3s from ages ago, CD and SACD rips, and CDs purchased from numerous overseas business trips. Had to scan lots of album covers for those…

Alas, my brother got the genes for creating music and I got the genes for appreciating music. :)
Excellent. I use Serato so just thought I’d ask.

Saturday came and went, but the task of fixing, cleaning and reorganizing the media library took much longer than expected. The job is finally complete.

Ended up learning more about iTunes media library than I wanted to, but it was a good exercise! Used the wonderful Mp3tag application from Mac App Store to edit metadata (ID3 tags) and album covers for numerous albums so that:
  • iTunes library does not split albums
  • iTunes 'search' generates more complete results
  • Audirvana organizes files properly
  • My standalone music streamer with a local copy of the music library also organizes files properly and displays album covers
I have two versions of the music library: (a) MP3 at 324kbps and (b) Apple Lossless. Hence it took a few days to finish the job, but well worth the effort.
  • iTunes (er, the Music app) -- Lossy and Lossless libraries
  • Audirvana -- Synchronizes to the iTunes Lossless library without making a copy of the files; also synchronizes to a separate folder containing SACD (DSD) rips
  • Standalone Streamer -- Local 2TB SATA SSD with a copy of the Lossless library and SACD (DSD) rips
You should post in the Forum's Music forum section. > The Clubhouse > System Usage > Music

Most Forum members haven't fully explored some of the neat forum sections. To see them all, just right click on the Forum menu item at the top of the page, open in a new tab, and explore.

I may have some bad news regarding the AQC113 and macOS. But that discussion will have to wait until the public beta release of macOS 12.3.
Monterey 12.3 public beta is now available. I hope the news isn't too bad...

Screen Shot 2022-01-28 at 1.08.20 PM.png

Looks like there are two XHC3 controllers. We should change one of them to XHC4.
I moved the onboard Maple Ridge controller to XHC4. Something else I realized, I was first using my flashed GC-Titan Ridge V1 card, which shows up a bit different. I've had better results since swapping out my with my V2 card. Still not quite 100%, but I'm attempting to have both controllers live together. I have to say, I'm surprised that the Ultrafine is getting fully detected (75% of the time) by Maple Ridge with no patching. Titan Ridge did not unless flashed.

Back