Contribute
Register

Asus Z690 ProArt Creator WiFi (Thunderbolt 4) + i7-12700K + AMD RX 6800 XT

I have a Sapphire RX 6600XT in my Asus Z690-I mini-ITX system, and there’s no issue reboot after reboot.
The thing is, if i finally get into the system, the reboot work well, but is when I shutdown and boot again then that happens.

I'm making some test today, I can see that if I enable CSM on bios seems to work better and boot well. But I'm doing some more test since it works for like 10 times and start the error again, disabled CSM, tried to boot, enabled again and work again.

Good morning everyone,

Back to the subject of the Highpoint 3740A. They sent me the old BIOS, but it doesn't solve anything because it's not possible to downgrade, they already confirmed me.

I wish there was something very strange in all this, because Highpoint sells this card to this day, and on the website it says that it even supports Ventura, see the attachment.

Well, my card is loaded by the system as you can see on the system screen (see attachment) Now the problem is when it's time to mount the raid, it doesn't mount, so everything leads me to believe that something they did to this driver that blocks its use in Hackintosh.

See the attached loading screen, trying to load the driver without success.

A strange detail that even before changing my motherboard from Z390 to Z690, is that months ago I couldn't load the RAID for a day. Then I went to the EFI and saw Thunderbolt only one activated, by chance I activated the Thunderbolt ones that I had available for Z390... and then the 3740 Highpoint returned to mount Raid, why?
i don't know.. just know it worked so far before switching to z690.

Something that existed in the two TB drivers of the Z390.. made the 3740A work.

I hope you understand what I'm trying to explain.

Thanks.

Attachments

• Captura de tela 02.11.2022 às 13.56.52 PM.png
    Captura de tela 02.11.2022 às 13.56.52 PM.png
    77 KB · Views: 25
  • Captura de tela 02.11.2022 às 14.10.18 PM.png
    Captura de tela 02.11.2022 às 14.10.18 PM.png
    128.9 KB · Views: 30
  • Captura de tela 02.11.2022 às 14.01.22 PM.png
    Captura de tela 02.11.2022 às 14.01.22 PM.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 27
Sounds frustrating, to confirm I am following correctl, it worked fine and then you updated the firmware and now it fails? Was there a reason you needed to upgrade the firmware or is this a total upgrade facepalm situatio. We all have it happen, but how can you access your RAID? Is the file system APFS or hFS?

My 6600 XT works great, plug and play with the single bootloader Flag. Now I just enabled the Multi-monitor option in the BIOS to use Intel quick sync in Windows with OBS encoding. I hope that doesn’t cause OSX to freak.

Sounds frustrating, to confirm I am following correctl, it worked fine and then you updated the firmware and now it fails? Was there a reason you needed to upgrade the firmware or is this a total upgrade facepalm situatio. We all have it happen, but how can you access your RAID? Is the file system APFS or hFS?
So I have Windows installed on the machine, and in Windows I can access the RAID, it works perfectly.
Yes I updated the FW and now it fails on the MAC.
I believe they put something in this in the FW that recognizes that it's not using a real MAC and then it doesn't load the RAID... it's the only explanation, because for 2 years I never had a problem it was simply plugging in.

Is it worth a gamble to attempt buying another card with the hopes it has the older firmware installed?

Is it worth a gamble to attempt buying another card with the hopes it has the older firmware installed?
I think it's very risky, because these BIOS are already running for more than 1 year. Now what Raid option do we have for Mac, outside of HihgPoint?

This looks very similar to my gaming-e, could the USB port map help me?

Crazy, it’s sold out at bnh, cats outta the bag. Anyone test with an audio interface over Thunderbolt like the Focusrite red?

Since the update to MacOS Ventura, no image is transmitted when calling with Skype from the other party.
Sound is transmitted only the picture is missing. Does anyone else have this problem? Any suggested solutions?

Back