Contribute
Register

Asus Z690 ProArt Creator WiFi (Thunderbolt 4) + i7-12700K + AMD RX 6800 XT

Good morning @CaseySJ , I want to change my z390, I want to get the best z690, which one would you recommend? That it had support for thunderbolt, and that it could configure using only hackindrom without much complication. There are many options for boards, but my biggest fear is one that works more easily when configuring USB ports, mainly. What would your recommendation be. I thought about the Asus ProART wifi, but it's hard to find in Brazil. Budget is no problem.

TUF GAMING Z690-PLUS WIFI no problem​

What makes this board preferable for hackintoshing ? Also, does audio, WiFi, Bluetooth, sleep-wake, thunderbolt, DDR5 memory, PCI 5.0 express cards, nvme ssd's function with this board with macOS Ventura beta builds/Monterey? Do I have to buy external PCI-e cards to make it work ?

Good morning @CaseySJ , I want to change my z390, I want to get the best z690, which one would you recommend? That it had support for thunderbolt, and that it could configure using only hackindrom without much complication. There are many options for boards, but my biggest fear is one that works more easily when configuring USB ports, mainly. What would your recommendation be. I thought about the Asus ProART wifi, but it's hard to find in Brazil. Budget is no problem.
Hello @Rag,

There are several User and Golden builds for Z690 boards. For the most reliable Thunderbolt, I recommend buying a motherboard without on-board Thunderbolt, but with a Thunderbolt header. Gigabyte's Z690 Aero G, for example, comes in both DDR4 and DDR5 versions. Both have Thunderbolt header. We should use a flashed GC-Titan Ridge (either Rev 1.0 or Rev 2.0) with these motherboards.

For the Gigabyte Z690 Aero G, please refer to this build guide:

Someone got a problem on this build where only 1 Thunderbolt device is detected? I have an apollo Satellite and a Twin X, but only satellite is been detected.

Same Build as guide.
Monterey 12.5.1

Someone got a problem on this build where only 1 Thunderbolt device is detected? I have an apollo Satellite and a Twin X, but only satellite is been detected.

Same Build as guide.
Monterey 12.5.1
Not sure who you are referring to, but I had a hardware problem with my original board where only the top TB port was functional. I was able to confirm this in Windows as nothing was detected on the bottom port. Because I started a discussion with New Egg early on, they sent me a replacement.

Not sure who you are referring to, but I had a hardware problem with my original board where only the top TB port was functional. I was able to confirm this in Windows as nothing was detected on the bottom port. Because I started a discussion with New Egg early on, they sent me a replacement.
Do all Thunderbolt ports work now ?

Just had a KP on my first boot this morning. Happened immediately on getting to the desktop. I'm running MacOS 12.6 and latest BIOS. Anyone else experiencing KP's lately?

Do all Thunderbolt ports work now ?
Yes, new board works fine. When it first arrived, I used same EFI, nothing changed in OC config, but both ports were fully functional. One TB quirk I have is that my CalDigit TS4 dock (Goshen Ridge) will not work when plugged directly into either TB port on the ProArt. I have to loop it through my UltraFine TB3 (Titan Ridge) monitor.

Yes, new board works fine. When it first arrived, I used same EFI, nothing changed in OC config, but both ports were fully functional. One TB quirk I have is that my CalDigit TS4 dock (Goshen Ridge) will not work when plugged directly into either TB port on the ProArt. I have to loop it through my UltraFine TB3 (Titan Ridge) monitor.
Did you ever own a Z690 mobo with all ports working with mac os OOB?

Back