Contribute
Register

Asus Z690 ProArt Creator WiFi (Thunderbolt 4) + i7-12700K + AMD RX 6800 XT

Updated Asus ROG Strix Z690-i to BIOS Version 2004 without any issues.
Even the Asus ProArt Z690-Creator has this new BIOS available. Will upgrade both systems shortly.

ARCTIC Reports Potential Defect - ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II
I use an ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II in my Gigabyte Z690 Aero G build. ARCTIC has just identified a manufacturing defect in some of their ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II coolers made between May 2021 and March 2022. The gasket between the copper cooling plate and the head assembly could, over a period of time, degrade and cause "gunk" to form within the system. This could degrade the cooling capabilities of the cooler.

For details, and to determine if you purchased an affected unit, go to their web site and enter the model you purchased during the May 2021 - March 2022 time period.

If your unit contains a bad gasket, they will provide a free kit to use to replace the gasket.

My ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II, purchased in January 2022, is involved and I will be receiving a repair kit.

I hope this helps others who may have used one of these coolers.

Thanks for letting us know! Mine was affected too; just filled out the form.
My gasket and cold plate replacement kit arrived last week and just got it installed. The supplied thermal paste removal cloth worked like magic. It must have been soaked with something other than rubbing alcohol (had a very different odor).

I applied the supplied Arctic MX-5 thermal paste and everything is working well. CPU temps are currently hovering around 82F or 28C.

My gasket and cold plate replacement kit arrived last week and just got it installed. The supplied thermal paste removal cloth worked like magic. It must have been soaked with something other than rubbing alcohol (had a very different odor).

I applied the supplied Arctic MX-5 thermal paste and everything is working well. CPU temps are currently hovering around 82F or 28C.
Mine arrived last week as well, hoping to tackle that today. Also, I did install BIOS 2004 and all seems to be fine. I am still facing an occasional hang with the launch of the latest FireFox. This started with last BIOS version and MacOS 12.5.1. Unsure of the cause of this.

Mine arrived last week as well, hoping to tackle that today. Also, I did install BIOS 2004 and all seems to be fine.
This requires full removal of the AIO cooler from the chassis. Good thing I didn’t take any shortcuts because some coolant spilled when the copper plate was unscrewed. After replacing the gasket I added a few drops of the supplied coolant and used a microfiber cloth to wipe the spill. And finally, when the new copper plate was attached, I used a hair dryer (lowest heat setting, but high fan speed) to blow away any remaining traces of liquid.

I am still facing an occasional hang with the launch of the latest FireFox. This started with last BIOS version and MacOS 12.5.1. Unsure of the cause of this.
Firefox is working normally for me, but perhaps the occasional hang you’re experiencing is coming from certain websites? Or certain browser extensions?

I have the Liquid Freezer II 360 and have applied too for this replacement. Gamers Nexus tutorial made it look very easy. In stead of rubbing alcohol for removing thermal paste you can use these. Super easy to clean the cpu with.View attachment 554909
I was so impressed by the thermal paste wipe that I ordered a 20-pack from Amazon.

41UD8fy75bL._AC_SL1080_.jpg

Last edited:
The BCM94360NG can replace the on-board Intel WiFi/BT module. Many of us, including myself, have done this as you can see in Post 1.
Hello Casey,

is this item equivalent to yours? Ebay link

Yes, that should work. It doesn’t appear to be from Fenvi, but uses the same Broadcom module.
yeah, I'd like to find the Fenvi original module but I had no luck in finding it in Europe and NewEgg does not deliver here...

Back