Graphics
RX 6900 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Sorry to hear that. Have you already checked the following:
  • In BIOS, Intel WiFi and Bluetooth should both be enabled even though we're using a Broadcom M.2 module
  • Is the Broadcom M.2 module inserted properly into the M.2 slot? This can be tricky to confirm, but if the module was screwed to an aluminum housing, then it should be properly seated.
  • In IORegistryExplorer do you see any mention of the Broadcom device. Here's what mine looks like:
View attachment 548223View attachment 548224

Please check this:
View attachment 548225
Thanks Casey, on this board its pretty easy to tell if the M2 card is seated, you can actually see the bottom of the card inserted into the slot which is kind of nice. The Asus board is a little harder to tell but I do believe its installed properly, no mention of it in IORegistry Explorer at all, went looking under rocks earlier for it.

I got past the grey screen, I think the bios got corrupted, reflashed it and now I can see where it hangs. I think it is a security setting that gets flipped on when the thunderbolt controller is enabled in the bios. Here's a shot of what gets changed and where it hangs.
DFC3E71A-EEAB-488A-BB89-1E8D4F8499B8.jpeg
D8465F2D-6FA5-48F2-A09B-C1344FB1D771.jpeg

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Asus ProArt Z690-Creator
CPU
i7-12700K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Thanks Casey, the SSDT worked great. I have access to my NAS and hotplug all my TB3 external drives.
Glad to hear it.

The only bummer is the computer takes a good 30-35 secs to get to opencore bootloader. It stay on the ROG boot up page for long. Any idea why that is? I have disabled RTCchecksum
Does this delay occur only when the flashed GC-Titan Ridge card is installed? If the card is powered off (i.e. disconnect top and middle pins of J1 header) then boot time goes back to normal?

Motherboard
Asus ROG Maximus Z690 Extreme
CPU
i9-12900K
Graphics
RX 6900 XT
Glad to hear it.

Does this delay occur only when the flashed GC-Titan Ridge card is installed? If the card is powered off (i.e. disconnect top and middle pins of J1 header) then boot time goes back to normal?
Yes you are correct, the delay started to occur when I installed the Titan Ridge. You want me to remove the two PCIe power connectors and check, I will give that a shot

Motherboard
CPU
i9-12900K
Graphics
RX 6900 XT
Glad to hear it.

Yes I tried that but delay still persists (Wonder what the PCIe connectors are for?) Any other suggestions I could try? Am I the only one facing this issue I wonder?

Motherboard
Asus ROG Z690 Formula
CPU
i7-12700K
Graphics
RX 6900 XT
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Yes I tried that but delay still persists (Wonder what the PCIe connectors are for?) Any other suggestions I could try? Am I the only one facing this issue I wonder?
I had a similar issue with a flashed Thunderbolt Titan Ridge card on a test MSI Z490 Ace board when I connected it to the Thunderbolt headers. But, if I disconnected the card from the Thunderbolt headers and instead bridged pin 3 and 5 together so that the card powered on on its own, there was no delay.

Motherboard
CPU
i9-12900K
Graphics
RX 6900 XT
I had a similar issue with a flashed Thunderbolt Titan Ridge card on a test MSI Z490 Ace board when I connected it to the Thunderbolt headers. But, if I disconnected the card from the Thunderbolt headers and instead bridged pin 3 and 5 together so that the card powered on on its own, there was no delay.
Thank you dehjomz will give that a shot and get back. If we can bridge the connectors to power the card, why do they need the two PCIe power ports?
Sorry CaseySJ when you were talking about the J1 header I thought you were referring to PCIe power ports, I look like a fool now

Motherboard
CPU
i9-12900K
Graphics
RX 6900 XT
Thank you dehjomz will give that a shot and get back. If we can bridge the connectors to power the card, why do they need the two PCIe power ports?
Sorry CaseySJ when you were talking about the J1 header I thought you were referring to PCIe power ports, I look like a fool now
No Luck. I tried removing the jumper cable, the TR card is not recognized even after connecting the two PCI power ports. I bridged pin 3 and 5 together, then it is recognized but takes an awful lot of time to boot up. Does it have anything to do with dual boot? I have Windows and Mac on separate M.2 drives. Or is there some setting in the BIOS?

Motherboard
ASRock Fatal1ty Z370 GAMING-ITX/AC
CPU
i7-8700k
Graphics
5700XT Red Devil
Thanks Casey, on this board its pretty easy to tell if the M2 card is seated, you can actually see the bottom of the card inserted into the slot which is kind of nice. The Asus board is a little harder to tell but I do believe its installed properly, no mention of it in IORegistry Explorer at all, went looking under rocks earlier for it.

I got past the grey screen, I think the bios got corrupted, reflashed it and now I can see where it hangs. I think it is a security setting that gets flipped on when the thunderbolt controller is enabled in the bios. Here's a shot of what gets changed and where it hangs. View attachment 548232View attachment 548233

Hey @CaseySJ and @Leesureone I also just purchased an MSI Z690i Unify board to update my Coffee Lake hack to Alder Lake. I am not nearly as well versed as you guys seem to be re: hackintoshing but I will update if/when I get my system up and running. If there are any things you'd like me to try with this board, let me know. Seems like BT and TB are issues with it. Haven't seen any complete successes with this board so if all else fails, I'll be making the switch to the ASUS ITX board like you guys have.

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Asus ProArt Z690-Creator
CPU
i7-12700K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
No Luck. I tried removing the jumper cable, the TR card is not recognized even after connecting the two PCI power ports. I bridged pin 3 and 5 together, then it is recognized but takes an awful lot of time to boot up. Does it have anything to do with dual boot? I have Windows and Mac on separate M.2 drives. Or is there some setting in the BIOS?
Disconnecting the jumper cable will disable the card. We actually want to disable the card so we can determine whether boot up time goes back to normal.

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Asus ProArt Z690-Creator
CPU
i7-12700K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS

I got past the grey screen, I think the bios got corrupted, reflashed it and now I can see where it hangs. I think it is a security setting that gets flipped on when the thunderbolt controller is enabled in the bios. Here's a shot of what gets changed and where it hangs.
Some (belated) follow-ups:
  • Any progress yet with Thunderbolt enabled?
  • Is CFG-Lock disabled?
  • Is SecureBootModel disabled?
  • Are you able to install macOS with Thunderbolt disabled?
  • Consider disabling Thunderbolt ASPM in BIOS. (PCI Express Root Port 5 ASPM)