Contribute
Register

Asus Z690 ProArt Creator WiFi (Thunderbolt 4) + i7-12700K + AMD RX 6800 XT

If you're using the Asus Z690 ProArt EFI that I posted yesterday, it is configured to use Intel WiFi, but not Intel Bluetooth. If you do not have a Broadcom WiFi/BT module such as Fenvi FV-T919 and are relying only on the Intel M.2 card that is preinstalled, then we can enable Intel Bluetooth by following the instructions in the Sonoma Mini Guide:

Simply scroll down to Enabling Intel Bluetooth. Then perform this step:
View attachment 581488
In that screen shot, both arrows pointing to the same check box (one enable and one disable).

Would you please clarify if it should be enabled or disabled?

thank you.

In that screen shot, both arrows pointing to the same check box (one enable and one disable).

Would you please clarify if it should be enabled or disabled?

thank you.
The arrows are pointing to two different checkboxes. Simply click on the image for a full screen view. You can also download the image from full screen view and magnify it.

The arrows are pointing to two different checkboxes. Simply click on the image for a full screen view. You can also download the image from full screen view and magnify it.
I apologize, you are correct. I did not open it full screen. Probably a sign for new glass prescription :)

I see there's an update available 14.4.1. What is the process to update in the future?

Thank you

That version of OpenCore is not compatible with Sonoma. Must upgrade OpenCore. Please see this guide (also linked near top of Post 1):
Hi CaseySJ - to clarify I am not on Sonoma right now. I am still on Monterey.

I haven’t gone for the upgrade to Ventura yet alone Sonoma. But the BIOS update seems to be affecting my ability to boot into Monterey…

That version of OpenCore is not compatible with Sonoma. Must upgrade OpenCore. Please see this guide (also linked near top of Post 1):
Oops! And do you recommend any ITX motherboards with Thunderbolt 3 or 4 support? And does Thunderbolt work properly with macOS? Thanks

I apologize, you are correct. I did not open it full screen. Probably a sign for new glass prescription :)
Ha, no worries!

I see there's an update available 14.4.1. What is the process to update in the future?
We just need to disable SecureBootModel before installing a macOS update. We can start the update from System Settings -> General -> Software Update even with SecureBootModel enabled, but before macOS reboots we should disable SecureBootModel.

** Calling all Asus Z790 ProArt Creator Owners Running Sonoma 14.4.x **

If you are willing to try an experiment that may enable Thunderbolt Local Node without modifying Thunderbolt firmware, please do this:
  • Disable existing Thunderbolt SSDT in config.plist
  • Install and enable attached Thunderbolt SSDT
  • Reboot (cold boot)
Then:
  • Run IORegistryExplorer
  • Scroll down (yes scroll -- do not use search bar) to RP05
  • Post screenshot

I have an OWC Thunderbolt Pro dock and an external drive TB3 connected... Those are the normal indication that is all corrected? It shows working but not under thunderbolt/USB4
Any ideas why I don't have anything listed on Thunderbolt/USB4....
Just replace my z690 after a crash and reinstall on this Z790...

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-04-22 at 16.05.46.png
    Screenshot 2024-04-22 at 16.05.46.png
    113 KB · Views: 16
  • Screenshot 2024-04-22 at 16.06.53.png
    Screenshot 2024-04-22 at 16.06.53.png
    381.4 KB · Views: 17
  • Screenshot 2024-04-22 at 16.06.17.png
    Screenshot 2024-04-22 at 16.06.17.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 16
Last edited:
Hello, one fast question... I'm about to buy a gpu for my new hackintosh. The 2 gpus I have found at almost the same price are the Sapphire Nitro+ AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT Se Gaming OC 16 Go GDDR6 and the AMD Radeon RX 6950 XT, 16GB GDDR6 256-bit up to 18 Gbps. Which one of these two will work better and provide less issues?

Hello, one fast question... I'm about to buy a gpu for my new hackintosh. The 2 gpus I have found at almost the same price are the Sapphire Nitro+ AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT Se Gaming OC 16 Go GDDR6 and the AMD Radeon RX 6950 XT, 16GB GDDR6 256-bit up to 18 Gbps. Which one of these two will work better and provide less issues?
Both are good choices and both will work. The 6950 will require a device-id spoof typically via SSDT. The 6900 XT should be plug and play. Both will require boot argument agdpmod=pikera

Back