Contribute
Register

Asus Z590i Gaming Wifi w/ Thunderbolt 4 Hot Plug - i7-11700K Rocket Lake - 6800 XT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
I bought also the Asus z590i and got everything work except the Wifi & BT.
Could you tell me how you solved the problem?

I tried already itlwm.lext but had no success.
Hello @armut2. Please make sure you have the correct version of the kext to support whatever version of macOS you are running. Monterey? Use the Monterey version. Ventura? You’d need the Alpha version of the kext.
Bluetooth follow the instructions on the OpenIntel Wireless Githib page.
Have you done that?

Hello @Leesureone,
I followed the instructions in the link below:

Currently I'm running Mac OS Ventura and everything except WLAN/BT & Thunderbolt is working fine.
Okay, please advise. Have you tried it in another operating system so you have verified it works? On a similar note is the card enabled in the BIOS? Finally please remove your serial numbers and zip and upload your EFI folder.

Last edited:
The card is of course enabled in BIOS, and I just could test test the Wifi/BT under Windows in which it is working.
I attached my config.plist.

Attachments

• config.plist
    22 KB · Views: 28
The card is of course enabled in BIOS, and I just could test test the Wifi/BT under Windows in which it is working. I attached my config.plist.
Hello @Leesureone,
I followed the instructions in the link below:

Currently I'm running Mac OS Ventura and everything except WLAN/BT & Thunderbolt is working fine.
You have to ask those questions even if they seem a given. If you want more help please upload your entire zipped EFI folder.

Last edited:
The card is of course enabled in BIOS, and I just could test test the Wifi/BT under Windows in which it is working.
I attached my config.plist.
I glanced at your config.plist and if that is what you are truly using, no where in it does it call to load wireless or Bluetooth enabling kexts. No wonder neither work. Add them into the "kernel/ add" section and try again.

Last edited:
You are right, I made a mistake.
But I decided to not use Wifi and BT as I don‘t have any use for them.

One more question please:
I set my SMBIOS to MacPro7,1 because of my 6900XT GPU.
How do you handle XCPM/power management?
With Cpufriens? I couldn‘t find a good guide for that.

That's what I do now on my Z690 boards. There really isn't a guide I know of except for the instructions posted on Acidantnera's Github page. CPUFriend.kext works only if you also load CPUFriendDataProvider.kext which is what tells the kext the upper and lower CPU frequencies to run.

There’s also this utility that help create the CPUFriendDataProvider.kext.

I would like to change my WiFi card from AX210NGW to BCM94360NG but I could not find any instructions. There are a lot of screws on a motherboard :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back