Contribute
Register

Asus Z590i Gaming Wifi w/ Thunderbolt 4 Hot Plug - i7-11700K Rocket Lake - 6800 XT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the update;
I have an entirely different issue now - after a crash, macos won‘t boot anymore using the exact same configs that worked before. It won‘t boot the Monterey USB installer either. I get stuck around AppleACPICPU Processor IDs. Tried resetting NVRaM, doesn‘t work. Gotta try cleannvram next.
If you have the USB Drive you used to load then try booting from that. Here is another post regarding that controller.

I got it to work in 12.4 using only the SSDT-I225V.aml file (the kext is effectively commented out by min-version 22.0.0 for now), BUT -- BUT!! -- it won't get an IP address without setting the speed manually to 1000baseT first. I can live with that though. So if anybody has the same problem - check the hardware settings.

Screen Shot 2022-07-20 at 08.47.25.png

Geekbench results are great ->

Screen Shot 2022-07-20 at 09.08.02.png

Screen Shot 2022-07-20 at 09.09.40.png

Hotplugging works with my UAD Arrow interface. What an awesome machine this is now. Installing a native WIFI card next, but that shouldn't be a problem. This will probably be my last Hackintosh.

Thank you so much for all that work you did on TB4 support, Leesureone!

Geekbench results are great ->

View attachment 551505

View attachment 551506

Hotplugging works with my UAD Arrow interface. What an awesome machine this is now. Installing a native WIFI card next, but that shouldn't be a problem. This will probably be my last Hackintosh.
adapter.
Thank you so much for all that work you did on TB4 support, Leesureone!
I don't actually have that system anymore but I did enjoy using it while I had it. The I225V wasn't an issue at the time, I have the same ethernet controller on an X570 board and its too flakey to use regardless. I haven't tried the first tip I sent you yet because I ended up going with a USB Ethernet adapter.
The Native Wifi/ Bluetooth is worth taking the system apart to install at least IMO.

One last problem I encountered today is, that the one internal USB2.0 header on the board isn't mapped. I use it for both the Apple BCM4360 Bluetooth and the Kraken X63 pump. Can you tell me how I should go about mapping those 2 USB ports based on your config without redoing the entire map?

Last edited:
One last problem I encountered today is, that the one internal USB2.0 header on the board isn't mapped. I use it for both the Apple BCM4360 Bluetooth and the Kraken X63 pump. Can you tell me how I should go about mapping those 2 USB ports based on your config without redoing the entire map?
I’d like to be able to help but I didn’t map the internal headers because I didn’t need them. Which basically means you will need to identify where they are and add them to the USBPort.kext I created but still keep the total count under 15. I think I used either USBToolBox or USBMappingTool both on GitHub and then used a plisteditor to change the kext properties.

I went ahead and tested all the ports with USB2 and 3 devices, and I got a working 15 port configuration/kext using USBToolBox. Bluetooth is now working with my BCM4360 via M.2-adapter + internal USB2.0 header. I disabled the USB for the WIFI6 card (which I still use in Windows), as well as the AURA controller, which freed up the other ports.
Again, thank you. Priceless advice.

In case this is useful for anybody -> my EFI folder, OC v0.8.3, all kexts updated;
The USB map is specific to my needs -- internal WIFI card that comes with the board disabled (but still installed for Windows), secondary Apple WIFI card in M.2 slot.
Remapping USB ports is simple using USBToolBox.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    10.9 MB · Views: 69
Beautiful build, mate! :clap:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back