Contribute
Register

Asus Z490-P i5-10400 IGPU VRAM ISSUE High sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you finally got your system, congrats!

Okay. If you can boot into the macOS it means you're halfway there.

For the IGPU VRAM and acceleration enabling, what you need to add is add these lines in Device Properties section of the Opencore config.plist for the IGPU using a Plist editor like Propertree or Opencore Configurator if they are not in there already:

PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0) >

Key: framebuffer-patch-enable
Value: 01000000
Type: DATA

Key: framebuffer-stolenmem
Value: 00003001

Key: framebuffer-unifiedmem
Value: 00000080

Key: framebuffer-fbmem
Value: 00009001

If you are using dual monitors, the IGPU settings suggested by P1LGRIM are correct (with the 03 in front). However the 9BC5 setting he suggested is for Comet Lake-enabled versions of macOS, which starts from Catalina 10.15.7 onwards to Big Sur/Monterey etc. However they won't work with High Sierra.

As someone who has been looking at and tinkering with the Z490 issue for months, I eventually found out and discovered one crucial thing which all Z490 Comet Lake CPU owners need to know. To use the older macOS High Sierra up to Catalina 10.15.6, you need to change the IGPU's values to Coffee Lake recognised values ie. AAPL,ig-platform-id 03001259 for dual GPU and 00001259 for IGPU-only, device-id to 12590000 and also the Kernel CPUID1Data value to EA060900 00000000 00000000 00000000 and CPUID1Mask value as FFFFFFFF 00000000 00000000 00000000. These settings will enable the Intel hardware acceleration in High Sierra. Only if you are using Catalina 10.15.7 onwards do you use P1LGRIM's settings (with the CPUID1Data and CPUID1Mask lines removed).

Apart from this, don't forget you will need to enable the Internal IGPU in BIOS set as Auto, but boot with the HDMI cable connected to the dGPU card instead. Are you using a Nvidia card? If so you will also need to install the Nvidia Web drivers in High Sierra.
@Middleman
patching as you guide
no I don't use GPU
I would like to get GT710 with 4 HDMI
then I would need to patch again but no worries
both DP and HDMI were working
in mirror mode and vram 3mb
I wish I can get it fixed tonight
I'm willing and have enough patience to sit and get it working

@Middleman
patching as you guide
no I don't use GPU
I would like to get GT710 with 4 HDMI
then I would need to patch again but no worries
both DP and HDMI were working
in mirror mode and vram 3mb
I wish I can get it fixed tonight
I'm willing and have enough patience to sit and get it working
you need to update your hardware profile with the hardware you are using please

I don't have anything else other than which I specified on the profile
you mentioned you are trying to use your nvidia card or your intel graphics?

So you finally got your system, congrats!

Okay. If you can boot into the macOS it means you're halfway there.

For the IGPU VRAM and acceleration enabling, what you need to add is add these lines in Device Properties section of the Opencore config.plist for the IGPU using a Plist editor like Propertree or Opencore Configurator if they are not in there already:

PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0) >

Key: framebuffer-patch-enable
Value: 01000000

Key: framebuffer-stolenmem
Value: 00003001

Key: framebuffer-unifiedmem
Value: 00000080

Key: framebuffer-fbmem
Value: 00009001

If you are using dual monitors, the IGPU settings suggested by P1LGRIM are correct (with the 03 in front). However the 9BC5 setting he suggested is for Comet Lake-enabled versions of macOS, which starts from Catalina 10.15.7 onwards to Big Sur/Monterey etc. However they won't work with High Sierra.

As someone who has been looking at and tinkering with the Z490 issue for months, I eventually found out and discovered one crucial thing which all Z490 Comet Lake CPU owners need to know. To use the older macOS High Sierra up to Catalina 10.15.6, you need to change the IGPU's values to Coffee Lake recognised values ie. AAPL,ig-platform-id 03001259 for dual GPU and 00001259 for IGPU-only, device-id to 12590000 and also the Kernel CPUID1Data value to EA060900 00000000 00000000 00000000 and CPUID1Mask value as FFFFFFFF 00000000 00000000 00000000. These settings will enable the Intel hardware acceleration in High Sierra. Only if you are using Catalina 10.15.7 onwards do you use P1LGRIM's settings (with the CPUID1Data and CPUID1Mask lines removed).

Apart from this, don't forget you will need to enable the Internal IGPU in BIOS set as Auto, but boot with the HDMI cable connected to the dGPU card instead. Are you using a Nvidia card? If so you will also need to install the Nvidia Web drivers in High Sierra.
@Middleman I tried this but it's not working
I don't know why

in the verbose I saw this
"[IGPU] Graphics driver failed to load: could not register with Framebuffer"

i wish and I hope I'll be able to get IGPU working

in the verbose I saw this
"[IGPU] Graphics driver failed to load: could not register with Framebuffer"

i wish and I hope I'll be able to get IGPU working
if you have made changes, then re upload your config.plist

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back