Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Asus Z390-F Unibeast Hangs after nvme

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, I finished recreating a Unibeast USB installer. I used clover configurator and it all seems fine. I reboot and it hangs on the apfs 1392 error, so I followed your post 17 in the thread from above that let it to contune to install Mojave until it got stuck at the 2-minute mark.

After saving and exiting, I checked the config.plist and it is empty except the one liner from the linked post.

Was there something else I was suppose to do in that post?

After saving and exiting, I checked the config.plist and it is empty except the one liner from the linked post.
Should look something like this :

Attachments

• config.plist
    8.3 KB · Views: 38
My guess would be that you didn't open your config.plist file with CloverConfigurator and edit it, you merely entered the patch and saved the file, effectively creating a new config.plist whose sole content is the patch.

What I have is this:

<dict>
<key>Patches</key>
<array>
<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>ACPI Patch by mattystonnie</string>
<key>Disabled</key>
<false/>
<key>Find</key>
<data>
oAqTU1RBUwE=
</data>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>
oAqRCv8L//8=
</data>
</dict>
</array>
</dict>

Can I just copy this into config.plist somewhere? Not sure where, or just add it to the bottom? Do I need everything listed? or do I need to remove some of those tags?

When I downloaded you config.plist, cloverconfigurator loaded in up. I just exited it, so it wouldn't corrupt anything.

My guess would be that you didn't open your config.plist file with CloverConfigurator and edit it, you merely entered the patch and saved the file, effectively creating a new config.plist whose sole content is the patch.
You are probably right. I will double check real quick.

Can I just copy this into config.plist somewhere? Not sure where, or just add it to the bottom? Do I need everything listed? or do I need to remove some of those tags?
Try the one that I uploaded for you.

OK, it is progressing more now, except I get a dark grey screen where I should be installing Mojave. I can see the Mojave in through my Elgato capture card though. So I know it's at the macOS Utilities menu.

OK, it is progressing more now, except I get a dark grey screen where I should be installing Mojave. I can see the Mojave in through my Elgato capture card though. So I know it's at the macOS Utilities menu.
Try a different port on your graphics card.

Try a different port on your graphics card.
Yeah, I figure that out. I realized it was using the Elgato HDMI port as primary, and my 2nd DP as secondary. I put the DP in the primary (left port) and all is well again. Installing Mojave on the HDD again right how.

Making progress slowly, but surely.

I installed MultiBeast, then added the two kexts and ACPI patch to the MojaveHDD.

It boots to a black screen, but luckily my Elgato capture card picks it up and it is awaiting my password. I shutdown, remove the HDMI cable from Elgato, reboot and it still boots to a blank screen. I then plug in the HDMI Elgato cable and I see it waiting for me to enter my password.

It's now breaktime as the Seattle Seahawks game is starting, so I'll investigate the black screen issue after the game.

Go Hawks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back