Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS PRIME Z390-A
CPU
i7-9700K
Graphics
Vega 64
Hi. I'm crashing on boot after install of 11.0.1 and I'm not sure why.

I'm using 0.6.2 with updated kexts, all running fine with Catalina 10.15.7. I tried using the same EFI for 11.0.1, get through installation no problem, but when booting into Big Sur the machine reboots automatically.

How do I put it in verbose mode and capture the point of failure?

Thanks!

Hi. I'm crashing on boot after install of 11.0.1 and I'm not sure why.

I'm using 0.6.2 with updated kexts, all running fine with Catalina 10.15.7. I tried using the same EFI for 11.0.1, get through installation no problem, but when booting into Big Sur the machine reboots automatically.

How do I put it in verbose mode and capture the point of failure?

Thanks!

Add -v to boot-args under NVRAM. You can also check under Misc---> Security ---> securebootmodel set to disable.

any chance you can decipher what's wrong?
IMG_3224.JPG

Is there a fast way to update your config.plist when updating OpenCore? I went from 0.5.9 to 0.6.2 and noticed there's a bunch of missing attributes, including SecureBootModel. I'll try setting it to 'disable' (or is it Disable, Disabled, False?). Thanks!

Thank you for taking a look! Greatly appreciated.

FYI, I use the T919 so I don't care about ethernet and I use a Jabra speakerphone so I don't care about audio (although I think both kexts are working). My monitors are only plugged into my Vega 64 so I don't care about iGPU, and I don't know if it's even enabled in BIOS.

oh, I forgot to mention, this EFI folder works perfectly with Catalina. It's just Big Sur that gives me all the problems.

Attachments

• EFI.send.zip
    2.8 MB · Views: 59
Last edited:
You had a patch for RTC in both Kernel and in ACPI I deleted them both and then added back the one in ACPI that was built into the OC configurator.

I changed Misc--> Security ---> Securebootmodel---> Disable <--- this is likely your issue.

I also copied my kexts to your folder just to make there was nothing wrong with the ones you had.

Try booting with the Attached EFI from a USB after you get it booting then you can fiddle with the differences and what you do not like about what I did if anything.

Attachments

• EFI.send.zip
    2.8 MB · Views: 78
You had a patch for RTC in both Kernel and in ACPI I deleted them both and then added back the one in ACPI that was built into the OC configurator.

I changed Misc--> Security ---> Securebootmodel---> Disable <--- this is likely your issue.

I also copied my kexts to your folder just to make there was nothing wrong with the ones you had.

Try booting with the Attached EFI from a USB after you get it booting then you can fiddle with the differences and what you do not like about what I did if anything.

I tried your efi
(i have a z390-f but its close enough)
was able to boot into installer and copy the files successfuly, however upon reboot and when i select big sur installer (form the copied hdd, not usb i get a kernel panic.

I tried your efi
(i have a z390-f but its close enough)
was able to boot into installer and copy the files successfuly, however upon reboot and when i select big sur installer (form the copied hdd, not usb i get a kernel panic.

What EFI are you using? The one in the previous post was a modified version of Douircs.

When you try booting from the drive, not the USB is it using the EFI provided in the post above?

When you try and use the EFI on the USB does it boot?

What is the Kernel Panic?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back