Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Motherboard
ASUS PRIME Z390-A
CPU
i7-9700K
Graphics
Vega 64
Hi @scottkendall, I'm updating my config.plist from 0.6.2 to 0.6.3 and noticed under DeviceProperties -> Add you have no entries. The default entry PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1b,0x0) is not there and the additional PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0) is also not there. You just have a blank Add and Delete dictionary.

Do I not need anything there if I'm using a dGPU supported by macOS? Is there value in turning on iGPU + dGPU?

Thanks!

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 5
CPU
I9 9900k
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. Mac mini
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi @scottkendall, I'm updating my config.plist from 0.6.2 to 0.6.3 and noticed under DeviceProperties -> Add you have no entries. The default entry PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1b,0x0) is not there and the additional PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0) is also not there. You just have a blank Add and Delete dictionary.

Do I not need anything there if I'm using a dGPU supported by macOS? Is there value in turning on iGPU + dGPU?

Thanks!
They are specific to your board you need to configure that yourself...

Motherboard
ASUS PRIME Z390-A
CPU
i7-9700K
Graphics
Vega 64
They are specific to your board you need to configure that yourself...
okay, did a little more reading. looks like you only need this section if you're planning on using an iGPU, which I am not (Vega 64). If you're using a dGPU, is there any additional advantages to setting it up?

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 5
CPU
I9 9900k
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. Mac mini
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
okay, did a little more reading. looks like you only need this section if you're planning on using an iGPU, which I am not (Vega 64). If you're using a dGPU, is there any additional advantages to setting it up?

I have it propagated for my entire system I think it helps with Thunderbolt but I am not sure for the rest I think it is cosmetic in that it propagates the PCI section: Screen Shot 2020-11-12 at 6.17.10 PM.png

Motherboard
ASUS PRIME Z390-A
CPU
i7-9700K
Graphics
Vega 64
quick update, I couldn't figure out how to setup headless iGPU so I switched to iMacPro1,1 and it solved my DRM issues (although not in Safari with Amazon Prime for some reason).

on another topic, when I was running Catalina with Clover I had a dual boot with Windows. in my EFI I had the folder Microsoft. I tried copying it to my new EFI folder but OC isn't detecting the Windows OS. how do I make my Windows OS accessible again? Thanks!

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 5
CPU
I9 9900k
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. Mac mini
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
quick update, I couldn't figure out how to setup headless iGPU so I switched to iMacPro1,1 and it solved my DRM issues (although not in Safari with Amazon Prime for some reason).

on another topic, when I was running Catalina with Clover I had a dual boot with Windows. in my EFI I had the folder Microsoft. I tried copying it to my new EFI folder but OC isn't detecting the Windows OS. how do I make my Windows OS accessible again? Thanks!
On my desktop I only have MacOS, my laptop had windows on it and after I install MacOS it was just detected. When I changed my Laptop to Opencore after Big Sur was out a few days it was still just there I did not do anything to make it show up.

Motherboard
ASUS PRIME Z390-A
CPU
i7-9700K
Graphics
Vega 64
I
On my desktop I only have MacOS, my laptop had windows on it and after I install MacOS it was just detected. When I changed my Laptop to Opencore after Big Sur was out a few days it was still just there I did not do anything to make it show up.
I think the problem is clover broke the EFI partition on the Windows drive, because I can’t boot it standalone. I can only boot Windows from clover. Is there a simple way to restore the EFI on the windows drive. I tried creating a recovery disk from inside Windows and rebooted to the recovery disk but it wasn’t able to repair the EFI. I found a set of complex instructions using the command prompt from the recovery disk but of course I’m scared to destroy my Windows install completely.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 5
CPU
I9 9900k
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. Mac mini
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I

I think the problem is clover broke the EFI partition on the Windows drive, because I can’t boot it standalone. I can only boot Windows from clover. Is there a simple way to restore the EFI on the windows drive. I tried creating a recovery disk from inside Windows and rebooted to the recovery disk but it wasn’t able to repair the EFI. I found a set of complex instructions using the command prompt from the recovery disk but of course I’m scared to destroy my Windows install completely.

I really no nothing about windows these days 10 years ago maybe but since I moved to Mac I more or less left windows behind. The only answer I have would be to reinstall windows.

Motherboard
ASUS PRIME Z390-A
CPU
i7-9700K
Graphics
Vega 64
found these comprehensive and easy to follow instructions for recreating windows 10 EFI. worked like a champ. I don't use windows either except for gaming.

Status
Not open for further replies.