ROG STRIX Z370-I GAMING
CPU
i5-8500T
Graphics
Intel 630
Mac
  1. iMac
Hello,
Has anyone got this controller to work with JBOD enclosure on Catalina? I have correct USB mapping and have no problems with USB sticks plugged in to gen2 port. However, when I plug in gen2 4xHDD enclosure it only detects single drive. When I plug it in to another port (usb3.1gen1) it detects all drives just fine. It seems like there is no multiport support for JBOD, but when I go to System Report>USB it shows 4 USB3.1 Bridges with speed of 10Gb each, which indicates the multiport is supported.
The default driver loaded by OS is AppleUSBXHCIPCI. I've tried using ASMedia.kext uploaded to this forum that fixed the issue with Big Sur, but that didn't work for me. BTW, I've been using OpenCore and the Hackintool was used to create the USB map (kext).
Has anyone experienced similar issues and could give me some hint where to look?
Thanks

So, it seems there is an issue with AppleUSBXHCIPCI driver which supposely support ASM3142 controller. I have re-done USB map with another tool (USBmap) to ensure the port type for ASM port is set correctly. It initially saw all 4 HDDs and was able to mount and browse the volume, but once I put some load on it it dropped connection with two HDDs. The System Information shows now six USB3.1 SATA Bridges (!), but with only two of them having drives attached.
FYI, this enclosure and drives are just fine when plugged in to usb3.1gen1 port. I have also scrubbed the volume to ensure it is not corrupt.
Does anybody know where I can get my hands on AppleASMedia3142USBXHCI and if this driver would work on Catalina?
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back