Asus Prime Z390-A
CPU
i7-9700
Graphics
Vega 56
Mac
  1. iMac
Hello everybody,

First of all I want to say that I was always Nvidia buyer and never owned AMD Radeon cards except the one in my MacBook Pro. My work depends on macOS, and I always like to use the same software in all working stations. So I owned an Asus Strix GTX 1080 Ti ,and I couldn't use Mojave so I decided to switch to AMD. The reason I choose Vega 64 and not the VII is because the VII is still reference card.

Hardware Setup:
Mobo: Asus Strix Z370-F
Cpu: Intel i7-8700
Ram: Corsair 2 x 8GB
M.2: Samsung 960 512GB
Gfx: Asus Strix RX Vega 64

I used UniBeast tool to create my bootable USB and MultiBeast for post installation.

MultiBeast Configuration:
Quick Start: Clover UEFI Boot Mode​
Drivers: Audio: AppleALC​
Drivers: Audio: 100/200/300 Series Audio Support​
Drivers: Misc: FakeSMC​
Drivers: Misc: FakeSMC Plugins​
Drivers: Misc: FakeSMC HWMonitor Application​
Drivers: USB : Remove XHCI USB port Limit​
Driver: USB: USBInjectAll​
Bootloaders: Clover UEFI Boot mode​
Customise: System Definition: iMac: iMac 18.3​
Customise: Graphics: Core Graphics Fixup AKA WhateverGreen​

Everything is working except iMessages which for me it's not a big deal.

Also I want to say that now the system is much more smooth. No problem with fan spinning noise, etc.; they are as silent as the GTX 1080 Ti. With the GTX 1080 Ti in Safari I had some delay/lag issues.

Make sure you have your Ethernet adapter enabled in BIOS. macOS requires it to be enabled to register iMessages.

Have you got movies working in iTunes?

Hello everybody,

First of all I want to say that I was always Nvidia buyer and never owned AMD Radeon cards except the one in my MacBook Pro. My work depends on macOS, and I always like to use the same software in all working stations. So I owned an Asus Strix GTX 1080 Ti ,and I couldn't use Mojave so I decided to switch to AMD. The reason I choose Vega 64 and not the VII is because the VII is still reference card.

Hardware Setup:
Mobo: Asus Strix Z370-F
Cpu: Intel i7-8700
Ram: Corsair 2 x 8GB
M.2: Samsung 960 512GB
Gfx: Asus Strix RX Vega 64

I used UniBeast tool to create my bootable USB and MultiBeast for post installation.

MultiBeast Configuration:
Quick Start: Clover UEFI Boot Mode​
Drivers: Audio: AppleALC​
Drivers: Audio: 100/200/300 Series Audio Support​
Drivers: Misc: FakeSMC​
Drivers: Misc: FakeSMC Plugins​
Drivers: Misc: FakeSMC HWMonitor Application​
Drivers: USB : Remove XHCI USB port Limit​
Driver: USB: USBInjectAll​
Bootloaders: Clover UEFI Boot mode​
Customise: System Definition: iMac: iMac 18.3​
Customise: Graphics: Core Graphics Fixup AKA WhateverGreen​

Everything is working except iMessages which for me it's not a big deal.

Also I want to say that now the system is much more smooth. No problem with fan spinning noise, etc.; they are as silent as the GTX 1080 Ti. With the GTX 1080 Ti in Safari I had some delay/lag issues.

We have the same hardware, this week I receive my Sapphire Vega 64, I have to tell you that I have installed mojave with my nvidia 1060 waiting to receive the vega and everything works perfectly including Imessages I think that in Multibeast you did not activate the box: Drivers / Network / INTEL-> Intelmausireinternetv2.4.0 do you browse through ethernet? and now I ask you a question, how does Vega behave like fans? have you needed to regulate the fans with some software, additional kext ... or is it true that with the last mojave update it has not been necessary?
And you have created custom SSDT-UIAC.aml or USBPorts.kext for your system ?, can you share it with me? thank you.

Last edited:
Hello, ASUS Vega 64 installation 10.14.6 version of the system, fans are not abnormal

Can you share your efi.my mobo is Asus Strix Z370-F

Hey zhexue,

I upgrade my hardware and am on Asus Prime Z390 now with opencore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back