i7-4790K
Graphics
GTX 1080
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi all!
I installed MacOS on my machine and now i need to enable the thunderbolt via the ThunderboltEX3.
I installed Windows 10. Installed the drivers from Asus. Plugged in the Motherboard (PCI 2nd big slot) and changed my BIOS settings to match the card (screens).

The problem is that when i try to upgrade the firmware on the card in Windows, the applications says "Failed to load Thunderbolt(TM) controllers through WMI" and I can't continue.
I can't see what's the problem, can anybody give me a hand?
Thanks!
2018-05-22 17.25.02.jpg
2018-05-22 17.25.10.jpg

UPDATE: I reverted the bios (Now i am on 1009 vs previous 1203) and now I have more options.
I played with them and now Windows recognize the Thunderbolt Controller (and I even updated it) but the problem is that Windows doesn't recognize any Thunderbolt Devices that i put in the Card.
I tried with an "UltraStudio Mini Recorder" from Balckmagic and a Macbook Pro (2011) in Target disk mode.
Neither of them function, I am desperate

Hi,

I'm running the same setup and spend quite a few hours now to get this Thunderbolt Controller to work without any success.
Did you ever get it to work properly in your system?
If it's not to much to ask I would appriciate if you could post you Bios Thunderbolt configuration here so I can compare it to mine. The Thunderbolt controller is not showing up in Windows at all. I'm still on Windows 7 Pro.
Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back