i7-7700K
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hey guys,

after all my annoying help questions i would like to post my way to succeed the direct update from MacOS Sierra 10.12.6 to MacOS High Sierra 10.13.
First of all my setup so you can decide if this guide helps you.

- ASUS Z170 Pro Gaming
- Intel i7 6700K
- 2x 16GB DDR4 2400Mhz
- ASUS Geforce GTX Strix 1070 OC

On my elder system macOS 10.12.6 i got everything working (iMessage, iCloud, Sleep, AutoBoot, DualBoot with windows etc.).
(Here is my iMessage step by step guide i followed to get this working: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...i7-skylake-32gb-ram-imac-17-1-success.198295/ )

Step by step guide:
- First i started my macOS 10.12.16 and made a clone via Carbon Copy Cloner (just to be sure & actually i needed it at least 5 times lol)
- Then i uninstalled the Nvidia WebDriver on this system completely and made a restart
- I opened Clover Configurator and to Rt Variables and swiched SIP off completely (CsRActiveConfig 0x67)
- I copied apfs.efi in EFI\CLOVER\drivers64UEFI\ and FakeSMC.kext in EFI\CLOVER\kexts\other\
- I updated via Mac AppStore to High Sierra 10.13
- After High Sierra booted (with bad acceleration) i first of all launched the AGDPfix (see below)
- I set SIP to 0x0 (see above, so i enabled it)
- I installed the NvidiaWebDriver for 10.13 and copied the latest lilu.kext and NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext on my desktop
- I started Kextbeast (you can find the latest version in Downloads on this website) and installed the kexts to System\Library\Extensions and restarted my PC (oh wow this 4K resolution :))
- I applied the audio fix (thanks to toleda, with y,y,y,n) and restarted again
- I have hidden the clover boot options via Clover Configurator under GUI

I just relogged me in iCloud and even iMessage is working properly. Now testing everything else, but it seems to be all fine!

Hope this could help anyone. :)

Cheers,
Sir

Attachments

• High Sierra.jpeg
    High Sierra.jpeg
    108.8 KB · Views: 1,408
  • High Sierra.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 1,201
maybe could a mod push this to the guide forum?

Yes i definitely think so. Have you tried toledas fix for your audio?

Hi SirDaniel94,

I am just cloning my system disk prior to following your upgrade guide - BTW thanks for taking the time to post it! Could you just clarify exactly what you mean by this:

- I copied apfs.efi in EFI\CLOVER\drivers64UEFI\ and FakeSMC.kext in EFI\CLOVER\kexts\other\

Did you copy those 2 files INTO those 2 directories? If so, where did you copy them from.
Or did you mean that you copied those 2 files FROM those 2 directories, and in which case where did you copy them to?

Regards,

- Paul

Hi,
actually i'm not sure if i get your question right. But just copy these 2 files from the upper post. I have attached those files. copy apfs.efi to EFI\CLOVER\drivers64UEFI\ and FakeSMC.kext to EFI\CLOVER\kexts\other\

clear? :)

Ah, I hadn't noticed the second download link (Friday night eyes...) That makes a lot more sense now. Thanks for the rapid reply!

I have the exact same system as you but 16gb ram.

Can you please post your config plist_? Im having issues updating...

Regards

Diogo

i xed my serial number.

Attachments

• config.plist
    7.1 KB · Views: 620
Thanks, I will see how it works!

After many hours of going round in circles on this over the last 24 hours, I have finally found that the combination that works for me (alongside the OP's guide):
  • LILU.kext (1.1.7)
  • NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext (1.1.3)
  • NVWebDriverLibValFix.kext (1.0.0)
I thought the NVWebDriverLibValFix was optional, but it was the clincher that finally made everything work and I reckon it would have saved me hours if I had put it in play sooner. I spent far too long messing around with SIP values to no avail! And a also I didn't use AGDPfix in the end.

FCPX 3D text now back and even the transparency problem in iBooks has gone, despite me not having the HD530 iGPU enabled yet.

UPDATE
-------------------------------------
Kext versions are now out of date. See later post.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back