Contribute
Register

ASUS Z10PE-D8 WS + 2 X E5-2699v3 + EVGA 680 Possible?

Motherboard
Gigabyte z81 mATX
CPU
i5 4670K
Graphics
onboard
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Hi there:
I have successfully created a hackingtosh in the past using the recommended hardware.

Now I have this "super" dual CPU workstation, and would love to put Yosemite (or any other if supported).

Will this be possible? I heard that there is a limit to the number of Cores OS X will support. True? My rig has a total of 36 Cores/72 Threads.

If it is possible, or if worth trying, can someone point me in the right direction on how to get started? Guides, threads, or anything else.

Motherboard
GIGABYTE Z390 DESIGNARE
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 580
I have a couple E5-2699V4. I wish I could install El Capitan on this system.

Hi there:
I have successfully created a hackingtosh in the past using the recommended hardware.

Now I have this "super" dual CPU workstation, and would love to put Yosemite (or any other if supported).

Will this be possible? I heard that there is a limit to the number of Cores OS X will support. True? My rig has a total of 36 Cores/72 Threads.

If it is possible, or if worth trying, can someone point me in the right direction on how to get started? Guides, threads, or anything else.
Hey. You had a problem with the Asus z10pe-16 and E5 2699v3 processors. When loading appeared poct code b0. How did you solve the problem? Share please.

BreBo

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z87X-OC
CPU
i7-4770K
Graphics
GTX 970
@dialm, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard, CPU and iGPU or Graphics Card(s).
If you have a prebuilt computer enter make and model instead of motherboard.
The Rules said:
Profiles are mandatory so that others can assist you.