Contribute
Register

Asus X99 Rampage Big Sur 11.0.1 running smoothly with Opencore 0.6.3

Status
Not open for further replies.
someone try on a Gigabyte X99 MOBO? i have 3 SSD Disks under clover (MacOS Catalina, Windows 10 and Ubuntu), can i install another disk with Opencore ant try BigSur?

someone try on a Gigabyte X99 MOBO? i have 3 SSD Disks under clover (MacOS Catalina, Windows 10 and Ubuntu), can i install another disk with Opencore ant try BigSur?
Of course. In this case, the new disk will be visible in Clover menu.

Screen Shot 2021-05-30 at 17.23.17.png

Installed! I used the shantonu's EFI to do it.
At First: he use iMacPro v1.1 SMBIOS you MUST go to your Clover Configuator (on your MacOS Catalina), in SMBIOS choose iMacPro v1.1(the same one shantonu's used) and generate your system Serial Number and your smUUID copy the config.plist in your Desktop and open shantonu efi folder. Open both Config.plist with xCode and replace the numbers in shantonu's one for the ones you genereted. (twice each).
Copy this Efi folder in your Pendrive.
Perform a Clean Install!
after install, Copy this EFI Folder to the new Disk!

Can't wait to share with you guys my X99 Asus Rampage with RX vega 64 boots and running smoothly. I tried with Macpro 7.1 and iMac pro 1.1 both smbios. No problem!
EFI shared with you. Give a try.
View attachment 494388

Can't wait to share with you guys my X99 Asus Rampage with RX vega 64 boots and running smoothly. I tried with Macpro 7.1 and iMac pro 1.1 both smbios. No problem!
EFI shared with you. Give a try.
View attachment 494388
Hi mate, thank you very much for your great help.

Let me know is there any chance to use audio without VoodooHDA. I'm very new to Opencore method.

Thank you.

Last edited:
Dear Shantonu, forum

my setup:Rampage 5 extreme, I7-5930K, 64GB Mem(4x 16Gb 2400), Nvme 970 EVO 500GB, AMD RX 6900 XT

Build Big Sur 11.5.2 Boot USB on my macbook pro, added your first EFI and went as smooth as could be clean install, really nice job Shantonu did.

after finishing and logged in:
- CPU not recognized = shows 3.5 Ghz unknown while running 4.5 Ghz OC
- AMD RX 6900 XT not recognized
- Don't get system updates, System update to 11.6 does not show, nor the update to Monterey (visible on my MacPro5,1 after BIG SUR open core install)
- checked all functions like wifi, BT, USB 2/3, etc and all operational: REALLY TOP

is there somebody able to help me out with these last bits?

regards,
rob

Last edited:
Dear Forum,

CPU issue looks solved.
Now showing CPU Type "3,5Ghz 6-core Intel Core i7"
Edit config.plist => Platforminfo => DataHub => change ProcessorType value to 0

however looks not using the OC speed from Bios set at 4,5 Ghz

using Geekbench 5.0

BIG SUR
Single-Core Score = 701
Multi-Core Score = 5601

Windows 10 same HW setup => running at 4.5 Ghz
Single-Core Score = 1121
Multi-Core Score = 6813

somebody any idea how to improve?

regards,
rob

Last edited:
This EFI works with ASROCK X99e-miniITX, running the latest Monterery 12.1! I just dropped the EFI onto an already formatted Monterey drive and bam--booted right up! So basically I upgraded straight from an old/working Sierra/Clover install to Monterey/Opencore The only issues I've noticed is audio doesn't work, and not all the USB ports work, but everything else seems smooth. No doubt audio is just a driver issue, and USBs need to be mapped. A little late...but thanks for posting that EFI! And if anyone is toying with X99s there's still life left in these

Anyone got it working with Asus x99-ws/ipmi?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back