Can't wait to share with you guys my X99 Asus Rampage with RX vega 64 boots and running smoothly. I tried with Macpro 7.1 and iMac pro 1.1 both smbios. No problem!
EFI shared with you. Give a try.
Thanks for sharing the EFI folder. Saw this post and tried today. And the shared EFI folder works - without any modification
OS: macOS Big Sur 11.1
MB: Asrock X99E-ITX/AC
CPU: Xeon E5 2630L 1.8G
GPU: EVGA GT710
Monitor: Cinema Display 30
For the longest time I was not able to upgrade this machine from Catalina to Big Sur. This time it works. I hope this confirmation will help those who have the same motherboard and still trying to get to Big Sur
These are my steps:
On another mac (Mac Pro 2009):
- download shantonu's EFI folder
- download macOS Big Sur 11.1 (20C69) using gibMacOS
Use ethernet to download -anytime I use wifi to download.
I eventually met "install media damaged" during installation.
- create USB boot disk as usual
- mount EFI partition on USB - using MountEFI utility - copy Shantonu's EFI folder into USB EFI partition
On target Hackintosh (X99E-ITX/AC)
- boot - select USB in BIOS - format target HD - install
- during installation - there will be 3-4 times reboot
I still selected USB boot in BIOS - so the computer will not boot into another hard drive I have with Clover on it.
- Once installation is complete - I mounted both EFI partition on HD and USB
copied over EFI folder from USB EFI pairtition to HD EFI partition
- Select HD as boot drive in System Preference - Startup Disk
- remove USB - and reboot - Opencore shows available boot disks and default boots into Big Sur on my HD
Thanks for the community to share this knowledge and made Big Sur possible on this very unique ITX Hackintosh build.