Contribute
Register

Asus X99-Pro with El Capitan, booting weirdness, USB issues, built-in-Bluetooth misfunctioning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus x79 Sabertooth Deluxe
CPU
Graphics
NVIDIA 710 TI
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Hi folks!

I successfully installed El Capitan on my X99 based system. Here are the specs:

• SSD 1TB 520/540 850 EVOBasic SA3 SAM
  • SSD 120GB 520/540 850 EVOBasic SA3 SAM
  • D4 8GB 2666-16 BX Tact CRU
  • CORSAIR Cooling Hydro Series H90
  • EVGA2GB D5 X GTX950 FTW R
  • Intel Core i7-5930K 3500 2011-3 BOX
  • Corsair RM1000i 1000W ATX24
  • Asus X99-PRO/USB3.1 X99
Bios version: 3004

The following issues still remain:

• On boot, I occasionally get the crossed circle and in verbose it says "couldn't allocate runtime area" or "Error loading Kernel cache (...)". I reset the computer and then it boots up without error. It seems to occur sporadically
  • Sound is not working, but I am consulting Toleda on that in another subforum
  • For some reason, my Broadcomm and USB audio-adapter are not recognized but mouse, wacom, keyboard and hard drives are
  • Built-in Bluetooth is not working. I tried a Bluetooth patch for the X99-Deluxe and it gets recognized and I see devices, however I cannot maintain connection with them.
I have a manually extracted and patched DSDT and am eager to learn how to fix the problems above through DSDT or patching kexts. Any assistance or hint would be appreciated! If you would like my ioreg, logs and DSDT, text me. For some reason my posts always get deleted when I attach them. So no attachment.

Good hacking!

Rob

all problems except for builtin audio and bluetooth are solved. I am using broadcomm and audio dongles. all I did was reinstalling the GenericUSBXHCI.kext and then increasing my USB port limit via kext patch in clover. also, I removed HFSPlus.efi from EFI/driversUEFI - please make sure you only install ONE driver of each in that directory. it was probably causing all these booting errors and probably USB as well. have to do some more rebooting and checking.

Bluetooth is now working after using custom bluetooth drivers. I am still experiencing weird bootup issues as well as spontaneous reboots from time to time...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back