Intel® Core™ i7-4771 Processor
Graphics
Gigabyte 1080Ti
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi I need to build a high end work station hackintosh. The only Board that will suit my purposes is the Asus X99-E-10G WS
I need at least 4 PCIE slots running at 16x and this excludes a 10GB Ethernet card. The reason I am looking at this card is it has 10Gb Ethernet built in.
Slot 1 - Graphics Card
Slot 2 - Red Rocket X Debeyer card
Slot 3 - SAS card for external LTO6 backup drive
Slot 4 - Raid Card for external Raid enclosures.
I cannot find anyone who has tried to build a hackintosh with this board. I also cannot find any drivers for the Intel® X550-AT2 10 which is the chipset that is used by this board for the on board 10GB ethernet port.

Is the IDEA of using this board dead in the water or is it worth me pursuing.
Thanks

Last edited:
The X99 chipset isn't necessarily a problem -- plenty of other people have built hacks with X99 motherboards. But if there's no driver for the onboard 10GB ethernet and that's an absolute requirement for you, then I'd say it's a no go.

Of course there's no way of knowing all your requirements (you only said that's the only board you've found that would meet them, but not why).

10.13.4 Perfect operation , asus x99-e-10g ws

10.13.4 Perfect operation , asus x99-e-10g ws

Hi, Can you share you EFI folder? The config.plist and the Kext. I'm trying to make one with an Asus x99-e-10g ws and a Xeon-1650v4 on High Sierra 10.13.3!
Thanks!

Hi, Can you share you EFI folder? The config.plist and the Kext. I'm trying to make one with an Asus x99-e-10g ws and a Xeon-1650v4 on High Sierra 10.13.3!
Thanks!
dsdt Incomplete ,Inability to sleep,USB is not perfect。

Attachments

• x99-e-10g ws efi CLOVER.zip
    4.4 MB · Views: 289
dsdt Incomplete ,Inability to sleep,USB is not perfect。
Ok. Can you share it to me, so I could try to stabilize it! For now, I just need to boot on High Sierra. I'll figure out those problem after. It will be helpfull!

Last edited:
Have you updated and got this working with 10.13.6?
For me it works in 10.13.6, I just have some small hiccups. You can see here what I did: #255
(basically what @liuhongxin1993 said - modified FakePCIID kexts to include my cards, the rest is explained in post above)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back