Hi all !
I have a problem to run the installer :

System:
Asus x99 Deluxe with i7 5820K
32 GB Crucial (8*4)
Nvidia GTX 780 Ti
Samsung 1TB SSD

Tryouts:
I used Unibeast 5.01 with Yosemite on USB drive.
I put the USB drive in the USB2 Port in the back of the board.
I used a patched kernel as described in the temporary guide, put the voodo kernel on top.
I started the system with several bootflags ( -v -f npci=0x2000 cpus=1 nv_disable=1), changed the bootflags ( take out -f and other ).
i tried it about 30 times with different settings, patched and unpatched kernel - no chance to start the installer.

Problem:
->The system starts to boot, shows about 20 pages of loading stuff and stops with a black screen.

snueff

Can someone of the cracks help me out ?

Hey,

I have pretty much the same config except the graphics card of yours. Mine is MSI GTX 980 GAMING 1.
I successfully booted up the system with patching the voodooTSCSync.kext since our cpu is 6 core. And I used the flags

Code:
-x -v npci=0x2000 nv_disable=1 GraphicsEnabler=Yes

Hope this will work for you
Cheers!

I have an Asus X99-A system that I have yet to attempt installing Yosemite on. Eventually I'll give it a try. Maybe in the next few days. I'm not totally clear on the patching process so that is what is holding me up a bit.

Anyway, I have had a few blank screen problems in the past and an Asus P9X79 Deluxe motherboard that would always go through this without:

PCIRootUID=1

You may also want to try:

IGPUEnabler=No

maxmem=4096

dart=0

UseKernelCache=No

kext-dev-mode=1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back