Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus x99 Deluxe
CPU
5960X
Graphics
Titan X
My apologies if this situation has been resolved already by someone, but I was unable to find a direct analog in my searching.

I have the hardware above running under Yosemite, but I am now trying to upgrade to Sierra. I have Sierra 10.12.3 installed on a secondary hard drive and I'm booting into my Yosemite installation whenever I need to try to modify the EFI contents on the new drive.

Long story short, I have tried numerous BIOS settings, config.plist files, kernel patches for the CPU, kexts from various sources, various boot flags and cannot get past the PCI configuration begin or mbinit done message. The system reboots every time I try to load it.

I'm hoping that someone has had this installation before. If I could get the system to boot, I could then start to figure out how to patch those things that aren't working, but right now I can't get it to work. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

My apologies if this situation has been resolved already by someone, but I was unable to find a direct analog in my searching.

I have the hardware above running under Yosemite, but I am now trying to upgrade to Sierra. I have Sierra 10.12.3 installed on a secondary hard drive and I'm booting into my Yosemite installation whenever I need to try to modify the EFI contents on the new drive.

Long story short, I have tried numerous BIOS settings, config.plist files, kernel patches for the CPU, kexts from various sources, various boot flags and cannot get past the PCI configuration begin or mbinit done message. The system reboots every time I try to load it.

I'm hoping that someone has had this installation before. If I could get the system to boot, I could then start to figure out how to patch those things that aren't working, but right now I can't get it to work. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
I have Sierra 10.12.3 installed on a secondary hard drive and I'm booting into my Yosemite installation whenever I need to try to modify the EFI contents on the new drive
  • How did you manage to install Sierra 10.12.3 on the second SATA HDD on this computer running Yosemite?
    • Sierra 10.12.3 is an update dmg file not an installer.
  • Did you install macOSSierra 10.12.0 and upgrade the above disk to 10.12.3?
  • Did you install Webdriver for your Titan X video card according to the instructions at Tonymac :https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...for-macos-sierra-10-12-2-367-15-10-25.209714/
  • If the above is what has occurred and you have a problem booting into the upgraded macOSSierra System disk (second HDD):
    • Shut down the PC and remove Power Cable
    • Open the computer and disconnect Yosemite and connect only Sierra System disk. ( keep your Sierra Installer USB flash drive ready jut in case you may have to use it to troubleshoot)
    • Clear CMOS
    • Re-attach PWR cable and reboot
    • "Load Optimized Default BIOS and reboot"
    • Press Del key and enter Setup
    • Make all the required BIOS options for MacOS UEFI booting including the choice of PCIE for your add on Video Card.
    • Make your MacOSSierra HDD as first boot device
    • Make sure the CMOS Clock is showing Current to your Time Zone
    • Save BIOS setting Changes made and reboot
    • Press F12 and select your Sierra System disk
    • Make sure you have the boot flags in the Options>Boot Args:- -v dart=0 kext-dev-mode=1
    • Be ready to take pictures of any boot screens that show the PCI Config begin: freeze or any other problem
    • Upload the image to the Forum.
    Good luck

i have the extreme version and i have the exact same problem loading sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back