Contribute
Register

Asus X99 Deluxe + 5960x - Stuck, please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
motherboard or system make & model # > See Rules!
CPU
i7-5960X
Graphics
GTX 970
I have finally purchased my components for my new audio production rig:

Mobo: Asus x99 Deluxe - I have just updated the bios to latest version - 1601

CPU: 5960x

Ram: Corsair Vengeance 16 Gb 4x4Gb 2666 Mhz

PSU: Corsair Ax1200i

Case: Corsair Obsidian 750D

CPU cooler: Fractal Design S36

SSD Samsung 850 EVO 250 Gb

Graphics: either an old Nvidia 9600 Gt or an even older 8600 Gt - they work perfectly on my x58a build in Mountain Lion and Yosemite.

Installed windows on the ssd drive just to make sure that everything works fine.

I had an older clean Hdd with a beasted Yosemite install on it - inserted it, used all the flags that I have found around with no succes - stuck on the PCI ROOT error.

Created the UniBeast USB stick installer.

In bios, when I disable CSM, I got a warning and when I try to boot I get this error, with both Nvidia 8600 GTS and 9600 GT in slot pci 1 (even though they both work on my x58a build): "The Vga card is not supported by UEFI driver" CSM have been changed for better compatibility. - it re-enables itself at the next reboot. The "Other Os" remains selected, though. - see Pic 1

If i continue with booting from the usb stick, I got the graphics from pic2 & pic3. Pressing enter or spacebar on any of the verbose or boot without cache variants give me the "Error loading kernel cache error. Boot Failed sleeping for 10 seconds before exiting" error, as seen in pic 4.

Trying to boot from the beasted Yosemite installation done on my x58a rig just hangs at the apple logo, and the same does the Unibeast Yosemite usb stick.

Please help, I can't figure out what should I do next. Thank you so much for your time!

Attachments

• DSC02268.JPG
    DSC02268.JPG
    119.5 KB · Views: 492
  • DSC02269.JPG
    DSC02269.JPG
    74.7 KB · Views: 447
  • DSC02270.JPG
    DSC02270.JPG
    99.7 KB · Views: 445
  • DSC02271.JPG
    DSC02271.JPG
    70.9 KB · Views: 523
  • DSC02272.JPG
    DSC02272.JPG
    59.5 KB · Views: 425
Mobo: Asus x99 Deluxe - I have just updated the bios to latest version - 1601
CPU: 5960x
Ram: Corsair Vengeance 16 Gb 4x4Gb 2666 Mhz
PSU: Corsair Ax1200i
Case: Corsair Obsidian 750D
CPU cooler: Fractal Design S36
SSD Samsung 850 EVO 250 Gb
Graphics: either an old Nvidia 9600 Gt or an even older 8600 Gt - they work perfectly on my x58a build in Mountain Lion and Yosemite.

Update your build's hardware details under Profile > Basic Information section in the below format (Profile link is available on the upper right side of this website), So that we can avoid scroll back to your fist post for identifying the hardware details.

System : Motherboard + Bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU : Detailed CPU Model
Graphics : All Graphics Devices

For Example,
System : GA-EP43T-USB3 (Chameleon)
CPU: Intel Quad Core Q8400
Graphics : ZOTAC GeForce 240GT

Installed windows on the ssd drive just to make sure that everything works fine.

I had an older clean Hdd with a beasted Yosemite install on it - inserted it, used all the flags that I have found around with no succes - stuck on the PCI ROOT error.

Created the UniBeast USB stick installer.

In bios, when I disable CSM, I got a warning and when I try to boot I get this error, with both Nvidia 8600 GTS and 9600 GT in slot pci 1 (even though they both work on my x58a build): "The Vga card is not supported by UEFI driver" CSM have been changed for better compatibility. - it re-enables itself at the next reboot. The "Other Os" remains selected, though. - see Pic 1

If i continue with booting from the usb stick, I got the graphics from pic2 & pic3. Pressing enter or spacebar on any of the verbose or boot without cache variants give me the "Error loading kernel cache error. Boot Failed sleeping for 10 seconds before exiting" error, as seen in pic 4.

Trying to boot from the beasted Yosemite installation done on my x58a rig just hangs at the apple logo, and the same does the Unibeast Yosemite usb stick.

Please help, I can't figure out what should I do next. Thank you so much for your time!

GUIDE : http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...motherboard-temporary-guide-os-x-10-10-a.html

Is the Unibeast USB created as per above guide??

What is happening while trying to boot with unibeast USB??

For clover method, you have to use the Haswell-E patch.
Read Here : http://clover-wiki.zetam.org/Configuration/KernelAndKextPatches#KernelHaswellE

Update your build's hardware details under Profile > Basic Information section in the below format (Profile link is available on the upper right side of this website), So that we can avoid scroll back to your fist post for identifying the hardware details.

Is the Unibeast USB created as per above guide??

What is happening while trying to boot with unibeast USB??

For clover method, you have to use the Haswell-E patch.
Read Here : http://clover-wiki.zetam.org/Configuration/KernelAndKextPatches#KernelHaswellE

I have edited my signature, thanks for pointing that out! :)
RE-re-re-rechecked the unibeast installer (it seems that the mach_kernel was not there ) , also this is the first time that I put the USB stick into a USB 2 instead of USB3 - ... I have moved on to another stuck: " The system uptime in nanoseconds" "

I also have used both

<key>KernelHaswellE</key>
<false/> and

<true/>

in the config.plist of my EFI clover installation, and still stuck at pci configuration begin. Anyway, shoud it be "True" or "false" ?

Attachments

• DSC02279.JPG
    DSC02279.JPG
    253.7 KB · Views: 274
I have edited my signature, thanks for pointing that out! :)
RE-re-re-rechecked the unibeast installer (it seems that the mach_kernel was not there )

mach_kernel is used till Mavericks, on Yosemite the system kernel has changed.

Is the bootable USB created with latest Unibeast (i.e., Version : 5.1.0) ??

Check whether any of the entry for <key>Kernel</key> presented on your org.chameleon.boot.plist file or not (File will be present in /Extra folder of Unibeast USB)

also this is the first time that I put the USB stick into a USB 2 instead of USB3 - ... I have moved on to another stuck: " The system uptime in nanoseconds" "

I also have used both

<false/> and

<true/>

in the config.plist of my EFI clover installation, and still stuck at pci configuration begin. Anyway, shoud it be "True" or "false" ?

Post your config.plist

Note :- Check the Section 1: Building the USB Drive on here : http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-desktop-support/151067-5960x-yosemite-install-guide.html

mach_kernel is used till Mavericks, on Yosemite the system kernel has changed.

Check whether any of the entry for <key>Kernel</key> presented on your org.chameleon.boot.plist file or not (File will be present in /Extra folder of Unibeast USB)

Post your config.plist

Yes, it is made with 5.1.0

I have modified the org.chameleon.boot.plist by adding "mach_kernel" instead of "kernel"

PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>Boot Banner</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>IGPEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Instant Menu</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>kext-dev-mode=1</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
</dict>
</plist>

Regarding my config.plist, should it be the one from the EFI partition ? Another one I have found for my x99 deluxe and 5960x would be Allen Ross's one (with (1)).

Attachments

• config.plist
    4.7 KB · Views: 265
  • config.plist(1).txt
    5.5 KB · Views: 292
Yes, it is made with 5.1.0

I have modified the org.chameleon.boot.plist by adding "mach_kernel" instead of "kernel"

You should have to remove those lines. It is not required for Yosemite.

<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>

I did follow that tutorial, yes, but does it matter if I am making the unibeast using a Mountain Lion Installation. Should I do it from a Yosemite install ( I have one, too)?

Running OS X version is not a problem, but use latest Unibeast.

Aslo fix one method. CLOVER or Unibeast??

Mixing up with both will be wasting of time for you.

Do not add any other kext/files other than which are mentioned on this forum's guides.

I did modified the org.chameleon file but now I got an error saying " Kernel missing" when I try to boot from that Usb stick. - Also, reinstalled on a brand new usb, I got "PCI configuration begin" again ... so back to adding those strings to my old installer.
I am trying to use Unibeast at this moment, maybe will switch to clover later on.

Try with "npci=0x2000 -f -v" or npci=0x3000 -f -v

Do not add any other kext/files other than which are mentioned on this forum's guides.

Try with "npci=0x2000 -f -v" or npci=0x3000 -f -v

Hi!

Thank you for all your support!

Today I just had enough of this mad experiment and went to buy a Gigabyte X99 UD4 motherboard, since all of my previous builds (4-5 of them) were only made with Gigabyte and I had never had problems installing a hackie.

I have followed this guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-desktop-support/151067-5960x-yosemite-install-guide.html everything went smoothly with my old 9600 GT with nv_disable=1 flag ( otherwise it loads a little bit, then the screens are becaming black. )

Anyway, in Yosemite, everything is moving reaally sloow, the graphics are very laggy.

Only a single problem encountered: asfter the installation on hdd, trying to erase the kernel from the HDD and also copy the kexts from the usb stick failed.

So I just put the hdd in my other hackie, patched the kernel, copyed the kexts, repaired the permission, put the hdd back in my new build and everything was ok.

I also tried to use a GTX 760 Graphics card that I have borrowed from a friend and the black bar is not loading up, only the apple logo appears with an empty bar underneath it. I have tried nv_disable=1 and also nvda_drv=1, none of them worked. ( only the apple logo appears, with an empty bar underneath it, then, after a minute or so, the screen are going black).

Anyway, that prooves that since I made from the very first trial that I was not that wrong as I thought...and, most important, that wasn't doing something that wrong...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back